Widescreen (3.07) failed -- 2160p

foppe

Yeah well, the_bigg who coded the mod didn't have a ~4k monitor to test the mod in available, so it's anyones guess to figure out what's off with it. But really, are you going to be able to play the game in ~4k... cause I have a 24' 1920x1200 monitor that's completely capable to scale down from a 2560x1600 resolution, and I am not using that even in regular usage in any game, nor Windows... let alone to play a set scaled game like the non EE Baldur's Gate in it. Yes, the fact that the EE games now feature that brings a scaling zoom is a large factor in the USABILITY. As you really can't play the set scaled game like this as each of the pixel is kinda important if you scale down. And even if you don't... the game is not going to work the same or as intended in a 55' TV with 3840x2160 as it does with 19' at 800x600 as you won't be able to see the space in the pixels if you won't get closer to the TV. *
The setup-widescreen.debug files content would be nice.

*What I am talking about is the optimum view distance. In 19' 800x600 monitor it's 65 inches(in relation to), while in 55' 3840x2160 display it's only 43 inches(relation).

So for you to see the same stuff between the monitors, you need to be 1/3's closer to the 55' TV than the 19' monitor(of the distant pass) if you have a "normal" eye sight. And after that... you'll never have the "normal" eye sight again. :devlook:

Edit the error:

Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: BIFF [C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Planescape Torment\DATA\/AR0105.bif]: unable to extract tileset 0
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [widescreen/areas] -> [widescreen] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.create"))

4K would be so zoomed out that it would be unusable?

which is why it doesn't seem to be a priority for anyone.

I play the EEs in 3360x2100 and it's OK once you get used to it. Still, I prefer the 1440x900 I have on my BGT install anyway (my monitor is 13' I know, I'm sick).

Archived