Magic resistance creatures and contingencies

geg_Ma3gau

I would like to suggest something that has bothered me:

1) 50% MR creatures go to like 20% tops. 50% MR is way way too high and unfun. Only useful magic is stoneskin, mirrors, pfmw and haste.

2)make contingencies and triggers automatic once per rest. the same way all AI mages have those, your mages should have too.

1) 50% MR creatures go to like 20% tops. 50% MR is way way too high and unfun. Only useful magic is stoneskin, mirrors, pfmw and haste.

2)make contingencies and triggers automatic once per rest. the same way all AI mages have those, your mages should have too.

1. This has nothing to do with SCS. SCS does not alter or assign MR to creatures that do not have them in the vanilla game.

2. I'm fairly sure SCS does not cheat in extra freebie contingencies and triggers to NPC casters; I'd be very surprised if they get more than their standard allotted amount of spells/slots per day, some of which would be filled by the trigger/contingencies like the casters in the protagonist's party, as this would contradict the stated purpose and aim of SCS's design per the author's own remarks in the readme.

2. I'm fairly sure SCS does not cheat in extra freebie contingencies and triggers to NPC casters; I'd be very surprised if they get more than their standard allotted amount of spells/slots per day, some of which would be filled by the trigger/contingencies like the casters in the protagonist's party, as this would contradict the stated purpose and aim of SCS's design per the author's own remarks in the readme.

SCS afaik reads from the spell slot table currently used - if you tweak it with BG2Tweaks or whatever, AI mages will use that. Contingenies they get "for free" - they don't waste a spell slot (imagine they set them in preperation & rested).

Sequencer-type spells are also "free" considering spell slot usage, but SCS does "cheat" a bit here - spells in triggers are selected by current situation.

Example: you dispel a mage, he gets a sequencer of 2xfireshield + stoneskin. Same battle, you don't dispel him, he gets 3x Skull trap.

You have a high MR character, trigger might be loaded with Lower Resistance. If not, it might be 3xChain Lighting.

I have played in the BG:EE + SCS (insane difficulty) some time and I see no issues with a Magical Resistance at least for now. I playing for a Magician.

Useful magic spells for me, that I using almost always: "Chromatic Orb", "Fireball" , "Lightning Bolt" , "Hold Undead" ....

If your enemy have a huge MR then just switch on your magician before a fight to the support spells like are : "Strength" , "Luck" , "Protection from Fire/Cold..." and so on.

And many creatures have MR resistance to only one kind of elements like a Fire Resistance 100% , or Cold Resistance 100% but have weaknesses to opposite element - that is good enough for me.

The many 'evil' NPC's magicians have a huge Resistance to a Lightning but they can be easily harmed by Fire (of course after "Blue Power Shield" or "Sanctuary" is gone, that spell is a bad-ASSistance :devil: ).

Archived