Hotfixes for V6

Unrar the archive, overwrite the setup-bg2fixpack.tp2 inside the bg2fixpack folder, and reinstall.

We can't do this via the usual dump into override, as there's a STRING_SET bug that needs fixing.

Stuff that happens:

Corrected Minor Globe of Invulnerability description is no longer pasted onto Know Alignment.

Corrected achk.2da and mmyc.2da patches to point to the correct destination files; yanked two other soundset patches as the engine won't allow them to do anything :(

Irenicus's final battle theme unfunkified; Summon George Clinton removed from game.

Added carrion crawler soundset (mcwl.2da).

Loosened the regular expression match on rufpal.bcs a bit.

Extended Mace of Disruption patch to deva.itm, hamm10.itm, and hamm11.itm to compensate for opcode changes in macedisr.eff.

Spurious casting time fix to spurious Bhaalspawn innates spuriously removed.

Replaced references to non-existent spwnchrm animation.

Protection from Storm of Vengeance also protects against string display.

Beta Core Fixes:

Invincible Imoen in Chateau Irenicus is even harder to do now, maybe.

No new content! Hurray!

Tell me about it if something's missing.

I am so sorry to read that there are ungrateful people that can't appreciate what you have done here.

Please do not let that discourage you.

I am pretty much disappointed also to see no thanks on this thread but mine. And I am not certainly the only one who downloaded the revised .tp2.

Oh well, let's just think they are shy... because if they just don't bother, I could as well go back to my topic "Why don't modders bother with hotfixes" and add another answer to it.

I am so sorry to read that there are ungrateful people that can't appreciate what you have done here.
I'm pretty sure she was berating herself, not that there were people clamoring for that extra 1HP damage a second or anything. ;-)

There's a small typo in the fixpack's tp2 which causes Holy Smite to erroneously display the "Charmed" icon instead of the "Blinded" string. In short, this piece of code:

// new eff for holy smite; needs to display blinded string for blinded creatures
COPY_EXISTING ~blind.eff~	~override/cdblind1.eff~
 WRITE_LONG 0x10 142   // display portrait icon
 WRITE_LONG 0x1c 14674 // string: blinded

should read:

// new eff for holy smite; needs to display blinded string for blinded creatures
COPY_EXISTING ~blind.eff~	~override/cdblind1.eff~
 WRITE_LONG 0x10 139   // display string
 WRITE_LONG 0x1c 14674 // string: blinded

The bug with macedisr.eff is to my mind serious enough to warrant a new release - unfortunately, with CamDawg preoccupied, official releases aren't possible yet.

So when I next update the hotfixes replacement tp2, would you folks who are chomping at the bit for testing opportunities like to have the new fixes that have passed consensus added to the Beta Core Fixes? There aren't a great many (and I don't make executive decisions about Fixpack content) but let us know if there's interest.

Hack G3 database, plz. Password should be "trustno1".

On topic, placing beta fixes into non-beta portion seems to follow the rule of "left bottom leg"(aka "okay, it's been around for long enough, and nobody complained" rule), so you won't invent anything new - if at least one test run went through(Solaufein didn't stutter, Ellesime didn't faint, etc), I'd say go for it.

(And, oh, the word "concensus" for a Russian-speaking person! :p )

Archived