A brief welcoming note

Andyr

I started coding this mod a little over a year ago, then stopped as I didn't have an appropriate area to finish the quest off in...

...then around a month ago I looked in my previous build and realised it was dated Jan 1, 2005--so thought it was time to get a move on. I've finshed coding the quest now and decided to unveil the mod to the public and see if people had any suggestions, ideas or comments.

I am a big fan of the Planescape setting in D&D, so with Eranon in the party you'll hopefully be granted a slightly wider view of the multiverse. :O

For those concerned about Monks in general being weak in Tutu, I've not found it to be much of a problem.

Guest Caradhras

Looks good! :O

Most NPC mods are overpowered in a way or another, providing a depth of character is a lot better. But if you are worried about power why not give him some MR (not more than 20% perhaps) infravision and perhaps an extra Stunning Blow?

Do you intend Eranon to get into a fight with Githyanki? A cross over with the Silver Sword quest in BG2 could be nice. Illithids would be too tough for BG1 -or perhaps at level 7/8?

Nice portrait by the way, I'm really looking forward to play this mod!

I am also a great planescape fan and have played several planescape pen and paper quests, which therefor brings questions to my mind:

Though I seem to see you quote Dak'kon of PSt on the mod page I hope you know that the Githzerai oppose the sinster plots of both the illithid and githyanki. A githzerai and a githyanki do not attack with one another a mind flayer.

A githzerai or githyanki is out of his own capable of shifting psionically through planes. They need not have a stone

Do you intend to simulate their level 4 psionic powers? If so that are quite a few.

Your character has low dex for a githzerai, as they are extremely dexterous. I belive +3 Dex. I can look this up if you wish.

His portait is I believe a picture of a githyanki rather then a githzerai. Why? The githzerai by tradition shave their heads. Githyanki mostly pull back their hair in topknots.

If you opt for psionics are the same, which it is not in BG2 a githzerai, a githzerai has MR. Not much, but it would have it then.

A nice mod idea, since it uses the planescape setting as it is in AD&D, unlike many of the other so-called planescape mods, I reckon you know which ones I mean, and not a new tiefling and BGTuTu. If ya need more info PM me at SHS for quick reply. I only check here for Aklon and Cross-mod banter pack sometimes. I don't have TuTu or else I would surely look this up.

Sorry for perhaps a bit of nitpicking, but in your post your were asking for comments, ideas and etc.

But if you are worried about power why not give him some MR (not more than 20% perhaps) infravision and perhaps an extra Stunning Blow?

I'm not worried about power--some Tutu players have commented that monks are too weak at the lower levels but I disagree, so I've not given him any particular special abilities.

Do you intend Eranon to get into a fight with Githyanki? A cross over with the Silver Sword quest in BG2 could be nice. Illithids would be too tough for BG1 -or perhaps at level 7/8?

The mod does feature both Githyanki and Illithid, though I won't give away too many spoilers. Suffice to say it is possible to survive his quest... :O

Nice portrait by the way, I'm really looking forward to play this mod!

Sporeboy's got some really good stuff, I'd recommend people browse his site. And 'm glad you like the sound of the mod. :D

Though I seem to see you quote Dak'kon of PSt on the mod page I hope you know that the Githzerai oppose the sinster plots of both the illithid and githyanki. A githzerai and a githyanki do not attack with one another a mind flayer.

It's not a Dak'kon quote actually, though Dak'kon's Zerth philosophy was one of the things that first got me more interested in the setting.

A githzerai or githyanki is out of his own capable of shifting psionically through planes. They need not have a stone

They can only do it unaided after a certain level (11 in 3E, at least; I don't have a source telling me what level they needed to be in 2E). In any case, perhaps Eranon has not developed his mental powers as fully as other members of his race. Also, a Rrakkma band will not return home until the hunt is completed, so even if he could get home he wouldn't go immediately. This is covered in his quest.

Do you intend to simulate their level 4 psionic powers? If so that are quite a few.

I'd not done so yet, but if you can provide details of what they could do in 2E I might consider doing so.

Your character has low dex for a githzerai, as they are extremely dexterous. I belive +3 Dex. I can look this up if you wish.

A score of 17 is, I believe, classed as "Exceptional" or something. Considering it is his highest stat I don't see a need to increase it further (and yes, I am aware that in 3E they have a +6 racial bonus).

His portait is I believe a picture of a githyanki rather then a githzerai. Why? The githzerai by tradition shave their heads. Githyanki mostly pull back their hair in topknots.

You are correct on this point; Sporeboy's portrait was entitled Githyanki. :O However, there's no reason he could choose not to simply grow his hair. Perhaps it is a symbolic gesture for some reason.

Plus, him having hair fits the Monk paper doll.

If you opt for psionics are the same, which it is not in BG2 a githzerai, a githzerai has MR. Not much, but it would have it then.

How much? If you have 2E stats I'll look at them, though as I said in the previous post I don't want to overload him with special abilities.

A nice mod idea, since it uses the planescape setting as it is in AD&D, unlike many of the other so-called planescape mods, I reckon you know which ones I mean, and not a new tiefling and BGTuTu.

I didn't know there were other Planescape-influenced mods...

Sorry for perhaps a bit of nitpicking, but in your post your were asking for comments, ideas and etc.

Hey, your comments are appreciated. :D If you have more info I'll take a look.

Oh; I'll also mention that his speech patterns follow how I'd expect a Githzerai to sound (vaguely similar to Dak'kon) as opposed to the Sigilian cant (blood, cutter, etc) since he's not Sigilian. And if any Clueless berk says otherwise I'll pen 'em in the dead-book... :D

You are correct on this point; Sporeboy's portrait was entitled Githyanki. :D However, there's no reason he could choose not to simply grow his hair. Perhaps it is a symbolic gesture for some reason.

Plus, him having hair fits the Monk paper doll.

Ah, technical reasons. I can understand, but perhaps it is an idea to work it into the story. He is already some time in the cave. Will shave his head again when the hunt ends... something like that?

A nice mod idea, since it uses the planescape setting as it is in AD&D, unlike many of the other so-called planescape mods, I reckon you know which ones I mean, and not a new tiefling and BGTuTu.

I didn't know there were other Planescape-influenced mods...

Amber, Tsujatha, Kindrek and Fade come quick to mind

Hey, your comments are appreciated. :O If you have more info I'll take a look.

Oh; I'll also mention that his speech patterns follow how I'd expect a Githzerai to sound (vaguely similar to Dak'kon) as opposed to the Sigilian cant (blood, cutter, etc) since he's not Sigilian. And if any Clueless berk says otherwise I'll pen 'em in the dead-book... :D

Hahaha, oright cutter. No need to get ya blood boiled. You don't want me to call to Harmonium do you? Threats and strange talks are certainly Xiasitects signs and we want none of those up here in the Clerk Ward.

I think Fade and Amber are both Realmsian tieflings as opposed to natives of the Outer Planes. And yeah, you're probably right about those other CoM mods, only I've not played them so don't know their stories.

Now you've suggested it, I might make one of the more knowledgeable NPCs comment on his haircut or something actually. :O

(As another aside, Eranon is not associated with any factions--I get the impression Githzerai monks who lived in Limbo would not be interested in them to the extent of joining one, though they may emphathise with the Guvners, Hardheads or perhaps Indeps. My own pnp character, a tiefling, is a member of the Fated. Factions are another thing I may touch on but only briefly as they're not important to Eranon's character.)

Congrats on going public Andyr. :O

I have some info on 2E Githzerai psionics from the Monstrous Manual. They are supposed to have access to all attack and defence modes and have other powers as a normal psionicist does, according to their hit dice. This might imply that they all develop as psionicists at the same time as they advance in their other classes, or that some of them may be psionicists instead of fighters, mages or thieves (or monks).

(As another aside, Eranon is not associated with any factions--I get the impression Githzerai monks who lived in Limbo would not be interested in them to the extent of joining one, though they may emphathise with the Guvners, Hardheads or perhaps Indeps. My own pnp character, a tiefling, is a member of the Fated. Factions are another thing I may touch on but only briefly as they're not important to Eranon's character.)

Though factions have a far reach I never heard of an non Sigilian Githzerai being aligned to a factioni. Not there style

Archived