BG:ToSC patch question

Sam.

I tried to install the WSM on my ToSC game v1.3.5521 (3-CD version) and it failed. I assume :mad: this happened because:

Only the non-DX8 version of TotSC can be patched. If you installed the DX8 patch (or have the 3CD edition of ToS), you can simply install the non-DX8 patch over that to install this mod. Unfortunately, this means that you cannot play multiplayer in TotSC with the Widescreen Mod. This also means that WSM is not compatible with the 3-cd version of the game.

I would love to play ToSC at my screen's full (1600x900) resolution, and still be able to play in a multiplayer session (unless there is an exe hack somewhere that makes the game stay paused while accessing the inventory in a singleplayer game?). It would also be great if the game's GUIs were centered in the screen (instead of in the top left corner) and don't have ugly black boxes... I do own a 6-CD version of ToSC (via DVD boxset) and I could uninstall the 3-CD version I currently have installed, install the 6-CD version, install the appropriate patch, install all the mods I currently have installed on my 3-CD install :beer: , and then install the WSM if that would help...

My question is, what do I need to do (if it is even possible) to get the game running the way I would like?

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Sam.

My question is, what do I need to do (if it is even possible) to get the game running the way I would like?
Easy, just patch the game (back) to the v1.3.5512. Yeah, with the one in here.

Erhm, F, the multiplayer might be hard on that, erh...

Well, anyway:

It would also be great if the game's GUIs were centered in the screen (instead of in the top left corner) and don't have ugly black boxes...
That can be somewhat mediated, as you need to use one of the 4 preset resolutions; 1024x600, 1024x768, 1280x768 or 1280x800 . And then this mod on top of the WS mod.
Easy, just patch the game (back) to the v1.3.5512. Yeah, with the one in here.

Erhm, F, the multiplayer might be hard on that, erh...

Well, anyway:

It would also be great if the game's GUIs were centered in the screen (instead of in the top left corner) and don't have ugly black boxes...
That can be somewhat mediated, as you need to use one of the 4 preset resolutions; 1024x600, 1024x768, 1280x768 or 1280x800 . And then this mod on top of the WS mod.

Is that going to work after I have installed these mods (in particular the NVidia patch), or will I need to do that on a clean install? Would I be able to use multiplayer if I used the 6-CD version? No 1600x900 res regardless, I guess....

Thanks for the real response Jarno!

Is that going to work after I have installed these mods (in particular the NVidia patch), or will I need to do that on a clean install?
Well, with the NVidia fix it might work, but not with the other 60 components, so yes you need to make a clean install so the patched game is clean...

I don't know much about the BG1's multiplayer, so the re-patching might do something about it... but I don't know.

Plus it's better to deal with Polish than that always hostile sounding Big fellow :beer:.
The bigg just sounds evil, he is actually a really really good guy, at least in my opinion...

What comes to the bigg reply, there are some really good reasons why he said what he did... so let's just pretend that I could telepathically read his mind and that he would have replied with the next quote:

I haven't had the time, the money and the extreme amount of patience, and the artist input that the BG1+TotSC's GUI would require to to be adaptable, so it would be easy to install with the current Widescreen mod. I have started it dozen times and it went badly every time because -list of things- :mad:

Now there is a mod that does similar thing that you request to be in 1600x900 resolution, but I do not have the link to it just now, and it's in a site that most have never heard of... sorry a site that's not in my site list. And I am quite sure it didn't have the requested resolution either.

Why I don't have that link is a question of time consumption, and I don't see the need to flap off my internet penis so it's always visible all the way from the other side of the planets orbit, why, because I have far more productive things to consider.

Now, be a good boy, stop wasting my time and use the BG2 engine, so you get most of the things you requested... and if you could do me a favor, GET THIS F'ing IMP OUT OF MY MIND.

Thanks for your co-operation.

He is just far more efficient than I am.

PS:

Thanks for the real response Jarno!
My response was no better than the bigg's and should you know, most of the glory from this mod should go to the bigg, as he made the install tool and the Widescreen mod that the mod uses to create the effect.

I do admit I was trying to troll in that post :9~. Sorry for that, but I thought you were referring to some other 'enemy' of yours. I recall reading about some rivalries. From now on I'll try to talk more sensibly. I mostly make those kinds of accounts, because I like to keep track of where I talk on the internet and what people can trace back to me.

On the topic: I absolutely adore Zed's work. It's just a shame it only works up to 1280 by 800. Is there any reason that mod isn't listed in the Modlist by the way :mad:?

Again: sorry for the annoyances, but as Gibbs says: "Never say you're sorry."

For me, most of the GUIs are centered and there aren't any black boxes. The multiplayer is working just fine AND I didn't have to reinstall with the 6-CD version. The only thing I was hoping for but didn't get was my full 1600x900 res, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose (or so they say) :mad:.

Archived