Do you want kick-out dialogues?

Domi

Well, I accidently stumbled on a way to remove characters from the party in game, not via export/import. I'm going to use it sparingly for conflicts between PC and NPCs. However, using the Player - Initiated Dialogue menue I can 'fake' BG-stile kick out dialogues, ie "I don't want you in the party no more". Is it worth doing? I cannot fake the BG-style join-in, so once NPC is kicked-out, he's gone, not waiting to rejoin. All it could give you is a moral satisfaction of showing NPCs the door.

Is there any opportunity to pick up new NPCs in the game? If so, it might be nice to be able to remove NPCs in-game so you can nab someone new if one of those you've already picked doesn't appeal. It's also a nice bit of roleplaying ability, even if you never use it.

Unfortunately, the pick up mechanism is only via Import, this is THE limitation of IWD2 version of IE. It just does not have a working mechanism for adding character to your party in the game. In a way it works for IWD2 - you start with the party you presumably brought from Luskan on the Wicked Wench and you stay together. I'll be making NPCs on different levels so someone who wants to replace NPCs mid-game (or start the game with the higher level companions) could do that, but it will be via Import mechanism.

Archived