BG2 Fixpack v11 Beta 4 Released

Update: Beta 4 is up: "Brannigan's law is like Brannigan's love, hard and fast"

Download
Readme

Original beta 3 release below.

The v11 beta series continues with a new release, beta 3: "I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Beta 4 - December 21, 2017

• Fixed a bug that prevented installation
  • Changes to Beta Core Fixes
    • Creepin's paperdoll fixes already fixed axes, and now also fixes maces and flails

Changelog: Beta 3 - December 18, 2017

• Some minor code revisions aimed at replacing file checks for faster alternatives
  • Changes to Core Fixes
    • Swashbucklers can no longer put multiple points in weapon styles, save dual-wielding
    • Tightened up the fix where Yoshimo disappearing from the Copper Coronet would block the rest of the area script
    • Jansen Spectroscopes were missing their half-orc unusability flag
    • Sol's Searing Orb and the Elven Sleep/Charm fixes had their probabilities corrected to match the other probability fixes in Beta Core Fixes
    • Immunity to poison now provides immunity to Cloudkill
    • Fixpack no longer alters the balcony doors of Saerk's Estate, as they're inaccessible from the exterior
    • The Limited Wish quest will not be a dialogue option with the genie in ToB games
    • Yet more familiar fixes:
      • ToB versions of the psuedo dragon and quasit now have the same class as their SoA counterparts
      • The quasit familiar no longer changes colors between SoA and ToB
      • Ferret, cat, and rabbit familiars were unable to use their spellcasting abilities since they had no spellcasting button
    • Imoen's missing thieving skills have been adjusted slightly
    • Paralytic bolts now have a weight of zero
  • Changes to Beta Core Fixes
    • Pixie Prick was providing an undocumented +6 save bonus to its sleep effect; Beta 2 adjusted the description but Beta 3 removes the save bonus instead
    • Fixpack had previously repaired an Aerie lovetalk that branched depending on whether Quayle was alive, but it was checking for the wrong variable
    • Cyrando and Celvan, both gnomes, were using halfling animations and have been added to the animation fixes
    • The alternate Ring of Wizardry is now ohringwi.itm instead of ring08a.itm for consistency with BGIIEE
    • The new lightning bolt from the Staff of Power could fail to appear due to the target's magic resistance; the bolt will now appear even if the target resists
    • Wand of Cloudkill now documents its save penalty
    • The fix for the 'Tracking Irenicus' journal entry is now more consistent
    • The fix for the infinite Nalia cash exploit was not working
    • Previous versions of Fixpack had restored an Anomen rest banter that was being prevented by a double PartyRested() trigger; however, the script could trigger the wrong banter due to some bad weighting in his banter file
  • New fixes added to the Beta Core Fixes
    • Creepin's paperdoll fix for axes
    • Delver's Plate now documents its save vs. spell bonus
    • Fallen rangers and paladins can no longer cast spells via scripts
    • You could skip the Oasis area in ToB by traveling from Watcher's Keep directly to Amketheran
    • Summoned ettercaps and wyverns will now occasionally use their special abilities
    • Killing Lonk and then immediately running down the stairs could occasionally break the game
    • Delon now has a more appropriate overhead string for attention
    • Jaheira will now initiate dialogue when returning from Meriona since she could get missed
    • Force-talking Draconis before he initiates could sometimes break the encounter
    • All areas in the game have been reviewed for entrance orientation fixes; approximately 60 more entrances have been fixed
    • There were two copies of the Stoneskin scroll available in game, leading to the odd situation where you would have Stoneskin scrolls that could not stack
    • Several minor encounters were not happening due to a collection of errors--'Helpful Man' is now available in the Docks; Priest of Talos in the Promenade, and various boys in the Bridge District should now be available
    • In a similar vein, the bystander at the Promenade with special dialogue will now initiate it after the Irenicus-Cowled Wizard cutscene
    • Imoen can no longer get killed (and hang the game) in the Slayer dream
    • A female elf was using a male soundset
    • When you restore Aerie at the circus, you could interrupt her transformation back to an elf, leaving her stuck as an ogre
    • Minor dialogue restorations
      • One of the soldiers at the de'Arnise Keep and one of the fanatics trying to burn Viconia had unused, unique dialogue files
      • Aran gets an additional line when talking about Bodhi
      • One of Anomen's banters now has one more line
      • Cernd now responds to Jaheira if you send him ahead to the Druid Grove
      • A Nalia-Mazzy banter has a line restored
      • Bodhi has two lines restored if you work for her
      • Viconia's love talk about her husbands now has more detail, as does her love talk about Lolth
      • Daleson has an extra line about Nalia
      • Delcia has one more insult for the player
      • The Spellhold Apparition has a few more lines
      • Haer'Dalis has several lines restored in the conversation prior to Raelis summoning the planar conduit
      • A Viconia interjection could be skipped when Mae'Var is giving you your final task if Jaheira is in the party
      • Olma, the de'Arnise Keep cook, now has dialogue appropriate for the main player and for the rest of the party
      • Mazzy will now have the same exposition if you initially refuse to help her, and then later return
      • Tassa and Pelanna now have more interplay and a few more options
      • Saemon has a better reply if you threaten him after defeating Irenicus at Spellhold
      • Unseeing Eye prophets will better answer your questions
      • Morsa will now offer her opinion on you in her first dialogue, as the other thieves in your stable do
      • Fearghus now has an additional line about the events in the circus
      • The Trademeet militia captain has an extra line for rangers or druids
    • Count Claylan and Debutante Alicia have an additional line in their banter
    • You can now make in-progress reports on the Unseeing Eye quest to your temple questgiver
  • Minor dialogue fixes
    • One reply to a Lathander acolyte went to the wrong response
    • One reply to Bernard went to the wrong response
    • An Edwin-Jaheira banter is a forest-only banter, but could trigger anywhere
    • A Valygar banter presumes that Lavok is dead but didn't check it
    • Threatening one of the beggars went to the wrong response
    • Parting dialogues for Edwin, Keldorn, Nalia, and Yoshimo no longer end on a player reply if you change your mind and welcome them back
    • Various replies to Gereth went to the wrong place
    • The inspector was checking for the wrong item in the Bridge murders--it's an unused branch of dialogue but fixed anyway
    • The farmers affected by the broken dike in the fighter stronghold quests would never give their 'happiest' response due to an error
    • The merchant affected by bandits in the fighter stronghold quests would have the wrong response if you agreed to help under certain branches
    • Telling Nevaziah that you were leaving went to the wrong response
    • Palern Flynn was not always setting his journal entry
    • One of Lord Ophal's dialogue triggers was missing the check for his wife
    • Tassa will no longer interject from offscreen during Pelanna's dialogue
    • Telling Anath she's on her own will no longer have her reply about meeting later
    • King Ixilthetocal will no longer call other members of the party his Chosen
    • You can no longer ask Jerlia about ore if you've already given Sarles ore, real or fake
    • Replying to Sarles and mentioning a commission no longer goes to an unrelated reply about the aristocracy
    • A few replies in Quallo's dialogue went to the wrong place
    • One of Jan's interjections when speaking with Tolgerias only makes sense if Valygar is dead, but he doesn't bother to check
    • Gaelan Bayle now destroys the gold you give him if you have the 20k gold in the initial meeting, as he does in the 15k dialogue paths
  • Bala's Axe can now cast Dispel magic once per day, per its description
  • Items and spells that relied on percentile rolls for effects were almost universally incorrect by 1%. For example, Celestial Fury is supposed to add 20 points of damage on 5% of hits, but was adding damage on 6% of hits; the various Monster Summoning spells were supposed to summon two creatures 40% of the time but it only happened on 39% of castings. This affected approximately 100 items and spells in the game.
  • The Handmaiden's Mace is supposed to add two points of poison damage per round for ten rounds, but was instead doing two points of damage per second for ten seconds
  • The Harp of Discord would still play its expiry sound and some visual effects if the target made its save or resisted the magic
  • Vampiric Wraiths and Demon Wraiths could provide incorrect feedback for level drains (e.g. 'One level drained' when two levels were drained)
  • Oil of Speed now provides improved haste, not regular, per its description
  • Potion of Power now increases Hide in Shadows, not Move Silently, per its description
  • The (old) Sword of Balduran is a bastard sword; its minimum strength and proficiency are now correct
  • Heavy Crossbow of Searing was only doing fire damage on half of its hits instead of all of them
  • Several spells had their casting animations corrected to match their schools
  • Yet more spell school fixes
  • Sounds for various spells were either incorrect or playing on the wrong target
  • Stoneskin, when cast at level 7, was providing too many skins
  • The 'Great Druid' title change will now be slightly less destructive to the record sheets of fighter-druids
  • Grease could cause battle music to loop, as it was flagged hostile
  • Visual effects for the Cacofiend wild surge only played half the time
  • 'Trap' projectiles, such as Glyph of Warding or Skull Trap, are now more sensitive and will go off more consistently as creatures get in range
  • One of Viconia's ToB lovetalks could repeat
  • Working for Bodhi didn't clear all of Gaelan Bayle's journal entries
  • Prophets for the Unseeing Eye were failing to spawn in the Bridge and Promenade districts due to some bad variable scopes
  • The Ruby Pendant is supposed to be able to Charm once per day
  • Frennedan, the doppleganger in the opening dungeon, couldn't actually kill you since he had no actual weapon
  • Paralytic Bolts had incorrect durations and saving throw type on their stun effect
  • Casting Improved Invisibility or Glitterdust via scroll caused redundant projectiles; this is fixed though it was generally harmless
  • The ranger Charm Animal ability now uses its unique icon
  • Optional But Cool changes
    • Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day is now deprecated; it's been moved to Tweaks Anthology to provide more options and to make it available to BGIIEE players
    • The regular bard song in Bard Song Fixes now retains the original range of the unpatched bard song
Edited by CamDawg

The problem on that is this:

BACKUP ~bg2fixpack/backup~ // location to store files for uninstall purposes
//AUTHOR ~pcamagna@yahoo.com~ // email address displayed if install fails
SUPPORT ~http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=74~

ALWAYS
As you can see CamDawg forgot to put the SUPPORT tag into outquoting... or just set the line to be the contact displayed... Aka, just edit the thing to be:

AUTHOR ~http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=74~

ALWAYS
Or with even more convinient, just:

AUTHOR ~http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29133~

ALWAYS
Edited by Jarno Mikkola

I don't know if it is a bug but there is a minor inconvenience that i have for a long time and i keep forgetting to report.

When i run the game through GemRB, i get tons of repeating "invalid opcode" errors. For example the following log is for the starting dungeon alone.

Actor/ERROR: Invalid modifier type passed to NewStat: 106 (Aataqah)!
Actor/ERROR: Invalid modifier type passed to NewStat: 106 (Cambion)!
Actor/ERROR: Invalid modifier type passed to NewStat: 106 (Jailkeep Golem)!
Actor/ERROR: Invalid modifier type passed to NewStat: 106 (Lesser Clay Golem)!
Actor/ERROR: Invalid modifier type passed to NewStat: 24 (Imoen)!
Actor/ERROR: Invalid modifier type passed to NewStat: 24 (Rielev)!
Actor/ERROR: Invalid modifier type passed to NewStat: 24 (Sewage Golem)!
I tracked it down to the core component of the Fixpack in lines 309-313 of file lib/bg2fp_effects_batches.tpa as you can see it here on github.

// turns fear immunity into full immunity
DEFINE_PATCH_MACRO ~cd_immunity_fear_arrays~ BEGIN
  DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY cd_immunity_batches_key BEGIN // these three go last so they don't block their own extras effects
    101,  "-10",  23, "same",  "-10",  "-10", "last" => 1 // immunity to reset morale 
->    101,  "-10",  24, "same",  "-10",  "-10", "last" => 1 // immunity to horror
->    101,  "-10", 106, "same",  "-10",  "-10", "last" => 1 // immunity to morale break modifier
END
  DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY cd_immunity_batches_extras BEGIN
->     23, "-10", "-10", "same", 1, 0, "first" => 1 // reset morale
I don't know how the batch code works, but if i understood it correctly the "-10" means "i don't care about the value", right ? If yes, is it possible that subsequent lines use "stray" parameters from previous batch lines and so the 24 and 106 parameter from the previous lines end up in the Cure Horror (23) opcode ?

minhp1.png

As you see in the above picture, minhp1 has 106 as parameter2 which, while irrelevant for this opcode, gemrb sees it as an error. The same happens with imoenhp1 and 24 parameter. Probably with many other items too.

If i change the second "-10" to 0 in the above line, then 0 is used as parameter2 and gemrb works correctly (but other batch line may have the same problem).

Is this a fixpack bug or should gemrb change to ignore parameter values for opcodes that do not use them ?

Thank you for your time.

I don't know how the batch code works, but if i understood it correctly the "-10" means "i don't care about the value", right ? If yes, is it possible that subsequent lines use "stray" parameters from previous batch lines and so the 24 and 106 parameter from the previous lines end up in the Cure Horror (23) opcode ?

Yes, that's exactly what's happening. A value of -10 means that parameter is not relevant to the effect that needs to be added, so it's not adjusted when the effect is cloned. The result, as you've concluded, is parameter cruft from the parent effect.

It's something I can adjust, sure. A -10 can be ignored for matching, but at least can be zeroed in the new effect.

khelban12, be my guinea pig, please. :)

Attached is a revised effect batch macro; replace bg2fixpack/lib/bg2fp_effect_batches.tpa with the attached one and reinstall. This should remove the majority of these warnings. I'm sure we'll still have a few here and there from CLONE_EFFECT usage, but we can track those down individually.

In case it makes any difference, i forgot to mention that i run gemrb from linux and install every mod using the linux weinstall (242 at this point).

Yes, with the revised batch file applied, gemrb shows no warnings (at least in Irenicus's dungeon. i haven't managed to test any further areas).

408 files have different checksums (160 ITM, 191 CRE, 77 SPL). I checked them with iediff and the differences in item and spell files are all on parameter2 and resource (resource has bogus entries like h?@^E and stuff). For CRE files iediff says they are the same but if i hexdump them they have some differences where the new creature have a value of zero so i suppose it is the same fix but for effects inside creatures that iediff doesn't find because it checks only the cre header.

Let me do a playthrough with it and check it more thoroughly if you want but it seems to work perfectly.

The resource field was routinely ignored by the original developers. It's actually harder to find an effect that doesn't have junk in it.

As for Fixpack, you'll still find a few here and there--e.g. Fixpack loads up some bunk param1s on Mordy Swords (sword01.cre) in its op 206 protections. I'm doing a review to see what else we can clean up.

Edited by CamDawg

Be a pathfinder and fix the bug that the new weidu version 'produces'... by changing the code to be correct, this:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~tobex_ini/tobexcore.ini~ @29              // This component requires TobEx

To be:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS ~tobex_ini/tobexcore.ini~ @29              // This component requires TobEx

So we don't need to fix your mistake. The 'produce' is in light quotes cause the intention of the weidu code has changed.

Yes, technically it's not anymore part of the game as it's in a sub-directory outside the game's own content.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola