Command-line interface

Orions_Stardom

MIT as it stands is incredibly useful for people, but impossible to use from within the context of another app. Implementing a CLI would allow for things like the WeiDU front-ends to manage multiple installs with different sets of mods.

Once I clean the code up a bit, implementation should be reasonably trivial - I think that Java's standard library includes CLI parsing somewhere.

Current thoughts on design (all input welcome):

--source - set the source.

--sink - set the sink

--options=[..] - set options, where [..] is a comma-separated list of directories to copy.

--show-options - print the list of optional directories to STDOUT, on one line each.

--interactive - work in interactive mode (ie, show the GUI). Would allow for the GUI to be pre-populated with non-default values.

Instead of --show-options and --options=csv , I think we can now have one CLI option for each checkbox in the GUI - so, --copy-{data,music,characters,save,portraits}= [true|false]

Defaulting the same way the checkboxes do. In the case where any of the options would be disabled in the GUI, I think the best way would be to ignore them rather than to error.

Archived