Blank music entry...

Grim Squeaker

It is common knowledge that there's very little point ACMing your music for mods anymore. Its better to run a blank music file and then play a wav instead. What I'm trying to figure out is how to code the following (if it's possible).

Psuedocode:

IF (Kelsey's blank music file exists) { Use song number of that

} ELSE IF (Song 0 is not being used) { Use song 0 for blank music file

} ELSE { Add music to next available song slot }

Most of it is easy with SET_2DA_ENTRY and ADD_MUSIC (or whatever its called). I just have no idea how to do the bit in bold.

Any ideas?

Jason tells me that he's gonna switch Kelsey to use Slot 0, as he did with Keto, so I'll just use Slot 0 as well.

I'm just using:

COPY_EXISTING ~songlist.2da~ ~override/songlist.2da~
SET_2DA_ENTRY 2 1 2 ~G3Blank~
SET_2DA_ENTRY 2 2 2 ~G3Blank.mus~

COPY ~pathname/G3Blank.mus~ ~music/G3Blank.mus~

Jason tells me that he's gonna switch Kelsey to use Slot 0, as he did with Keto, so I'll just use Slot 0 as well.

I'm just using:

Unfortunately, the SONGLIST has a limited number of entries. If I am not mistaken the entry 89 has already been lost.

I'm just using:

Unfortunately, the SONGLIST has a limited number of entries. If I am not mistaken the entry 89 has already been lost.

Vlad.

Note that BLANK.MUS, MXKALAH.MUS, and MXTHIEF.MUS are unused in the original game. MXKHALI.MUS is used only once (sadly; it's a fine piece). Also, MX1602.MUS, MX2202.MUS, TAV5.MUS, and TAV6.MUS are all missing (they are used, however). I cannot remember if TAV1.MUS and TAV2.MUS are ever used.

So, if you run out of possible song IDs, you can try overwriting the wasted songs. Or just PlaySong(<missing song ID>).

Archived