BGEE Siege of Dragonspear dialogues/item descriptions messed up

BGEE Siege of dragonspear dialogues descriptions messed up

5 replies to this topic

#1 beyczy

beyczy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

I installed some tweaks from Tweaks anthology for my BGEE SOD, and some of my dialogues with Khalid shows completely different sentences from different dialogues of the game, and some item descriptions (e.g. Full Plate Mail) contains dialogues instead of the proper description. Any idea how can I fix it without reinstalling the game/reinstalling the mods? Or maybe SOD causing these problems? (Tweaks Anthology never caused these kind of issues with BG2EE or IWDEE). Thanks in advance!

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6827 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

Or maybe SOD causing these problems?

The root of the problem is that you have not installed the modmerge tool to your SoD game that is needed to mod it. As the dialog between the .zip and original game is a different one. 

To fix this, uninstall your mods, install the modmerge, then reinstall your mods and start a new game(as in, don't load a save as those are not compatible with the install you have then done). 

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 17 December 2017 - 11:05 AM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 beyczy

beyczy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

The root of the problem is that you have not installed the modmerge tool to your SoD game that is needed to mod it. As the dialog between the .zip and original game is a different one. 

To fix this, uninstall your mods, install the modmerge, then reinstall your mods and start a new game(as in, don't load a save as those are not compatible with the install you have then done). 

Thank you for your help, I'll give it a try!

#4 beyczy

beyczy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:53 AM

I tried it and it works fine! There's only one little problem now: in the character properties window some proficiency text is simply missing, only the ++ is visible. I use Baldurs Gate proficiencies with weapon styles from the tweaks anthology. Any idea?

Thanks for the help anyway, my game is now completely playable! :)

#5 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2838 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:37 AM

You need to use Modmerge before installing any other mods

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#6 beyczy

beyczy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:06 AM

You need to use Modmerge before installing any other mods

I installed modmerge before mods.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BGEE, Siege of dragonspear, dialogues, descriptions, messed up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users