Maximum strings length ?

Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne, I have searched for our PM conversation with Argent77 regarding our issues with Improved Archer kit and it seems that he was able to estimate the total length of a kit description for BG2 vanilla as 4150 bytes. Hope it helps.

Gwendolyne, I have searched for our PM conversation with Argent77 regarding our issues with Improved Archer kit and it seems that he was able to estimate the total length of a kit description for BG2 vanilla as 4150 bytes. Hope it helps.

I am no programmer but 4096 is one of those magic numbers, right?

Thanks both, I would agree with Roxanne because the ranger new description(4111 characters) causes a CTD. We will test the 4096 limit and let you know.

You might want/need to upload a file so we can take a look. Yes, it doesn't matter that it's in French.

done! it is a tra file renamed txt for upload purpose.

Without knowing the exact structure of the buffer we can only find out by trial and error. Maybe the buffer includes kit name and other information as well. Tokens or line breaks may also play a role.

You are right, but that is the kind of stuff every translator is reluctant to do 'cause it is very time consuming.

french.txt

First character count, for @1: 4586. That includes the first space after the ~ ...

So cut it down ...

for @2: 4309, too many again.

for @3: 4345...

for @4: 3000+ short enough.

for @5: 3822, short enough.

for @6: 4634...

For example, does the Paladin KIT DESCRIPTION require a hit point count of 1d10 said in the description. No ! Normal specialization ? No. That's not part of the KIT description, cause for me, it's part of the class. Also to be fair, this is more Demi's failing than yours.