Photo

Can't install after having changed thebiglist.txt file

4 replies to this topic

#1 Melan

Melan
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

As the the title says I can't install this mod. I have changed all the values for all the armors in the thebiglist.txt file to what I wanted them to be. When I try to install it ends with the following error message ERROR: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds"). I should maybe note that I'm trying to install it in EasyTuTu.
Spoiler

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6831 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Well, how did you edit the file... open the file with Notepad and do the same copy-paste spoiler stuff to the text.
Yeah, the mod thinks the game is a BG2:ToB... not Tutu one... it doesn't matter in most cases... but will see after you give the inputs.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 Melan

Melan
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yes I edited the file with notepad. The funny thing is if I try and install the mod with the original thebiglist.txt file it installs just fine, so it must be something I edited which it doesn't like. I have attached my thebiglist.txt file below in spoilers.
Spoiler

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6831 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

Erhm.

You did not notice that you broke the lines in the file... this picture should show you what you failed at:
Posted Image
As in, look at the "ALL"s in the picture called "m1.txt", they should be in a clear column, as the A's can be seen in the edge of the first picture... the picture is made with WinMerge, an excellent tool to edit the file...
EDIT:
Extract this thebiglist.txt to the mod folder and try again.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 02 November 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#5 Melan

Melan
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

Thank you very much, your thebiglist.txt file worked like a charm. I have now learned to check for things like this in the future, and will definitely use that program you listed in your post. Again thanks for the help.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users