Haldamir NPC for BGII

I was looking at installing Haldamir...just one question: a 18/92 strength score? For an elf? That's an exceptional strength score right up there with Minsc. Also, in his portrait he looks quite dazzling, yet only has a 9 charisma?

Just picking nits here but I was curious if you had any thoughts on the matter.

Once he has been in the party for a while, you may decide that the 9 charisma was rather generous. Charisma is more than physical beauty. The score covers social skills, leadership ability, and persuasiveness, too, and in those, Haldamir is greviously lacking. As for the strength, I think I originally planned it to be "somewhere 17 or higher," but when I rolled the character, he wound up with an exceptional strength score so I left it. Or something like that. I no longer remember. Anyway, feel free to use L1NPC to adjust the stats as you choose. He doesn't have any special items that will be affected by adjusting his stats to suit your taste.

There's always going to be someone who will dispute an NPC's stats. It isn't really something I worry about.

Back in the day (1st ed. I guess) I think 18/92 would be top score for an elf male fighter. He'd be like Conan the Elf or something. Kinda a cool concept though - the pointy-eared bastard might actually last more than a couple rounds against a crazed half-orc barbarian. A 9 ability score is "average" by the way, not bad. And it is as berelinde says, you can look like a schmuck and have a high charisma (see Napoleon, Hitler etc.) or conversely look like Apollo and have a schmucky charisma.

Not really. He doesn't have a joining file or p-file yet, so he'd be bugged. I think I've actually got most of his dialogue written apart from the NPC/NPC banters. I should probably just put what's done together, test it, and release what's ready rather than hold it up indefinitely waiting for time I'll never have.

Has his viability for ToB changed since that last post? I'm currently contemplating a complete uninstall/reinstall for a run with Aran so I'm planning my next party. Only going to install NPCs I actually plan to take along this round. That's a novel concept for me. :p

No, there's still no ToB progress since the last update. I had a bunch of it written and then life got crazy. I'm considering packaging what there is (the banters and half-dozen or so friendship talks that are written) and getting it into testing. I'm used to juggling projects, but at this point, I've just got too many balls in the air and I need to decide which ones I'm going to drop.

Well if you're having trouble deciding I'm sure you could put it up to a vote which projects to work on first :D But I'm probably not alone in thinking that if we have to chose between limited content and it potentially never being completed, we'll take the limited content. Another berelinde romance would have been awesome of course, but I'm personally more into lusty humans than broody elves these days.

Edited by MissBehave

[EDIT: fixed in v3]

Typo:

in "b!halj.tra",

@93 = ~<CHARNAME>, It is hard to bear, being trapped in a place so alien. Please, let us seek a way to return these knights to their home.~

The sentence "It is hard..." should start with a not-capilalized "i".

Edited by jastey

[EDIT: fixed in v3]

Typo in sound reference. In setup-haödamir.tra:

@18 = ~Here, I could almost imagine that I was home.~ [hald16]

should be "[bhald16]"

@39 = ~Aargh! You shall not evade my next blow so easily!~ [hbald37]

should be "[bhald37]"

Edited by jastey

The mod is updated to v3, with a German translation by Belryll. Thank you very much for the translation!

Also, BGII:EE compatibility was added!

Download link is in the first post of this thread.

(No ToB content, yet.)

Edited by jastey