Version 7 released

Wisp

Version 7 of Item Randomiser has been released.

This is not the fabled version 7, legends of which has been passed down to us by our forebears, which promised to fulfil all those requested features. It's simply the latest dev version with no further changes, released so as to update the painfully old version that could still be downloaded from G3.

I'm glad you had a good time. If you still have the files and have not made any changes to your mods, could you upload the files weidu.log, override/fl#randomseed.2da, override/fl#removeditems.2da and override/randoptions.2da?

There's a system for ensuring Abazigal gets a random weapon and he seems to be getting no less than 2 when I test. Possibly some other mod is causing interference.

Sorry I have retested the fight and abazigal do fight wiyh Hindo's Doom. THe problem is that is not really attacking but it is surely a problem related to ascension or SCS.

Bty do you assign profecieny skill in weapon when you equip a new weapons to a creature ? Coz I install item randomizer after SCS.

Edited by DrAzTiK

That depends on what you mean by proficiency. Item Randomiser still relies on the BG1-style proficiencies and does not add any BG2-style proficiencies. As far as I could tell, there was no need, as the BG1 ones worked just fine. But I understand that some mods have started patching away BG1 proficiencies and I don't think I've yet updated Randomiser to take that into account.

SCS doesn't patch away old proficiencies, but it does dynamically assign new proficiencies to creatures with character classes, based on the weapons they have equipped. So yes, it will get a little confused if you install Item Randomiser after it, though I doubt it's too dramatic.

v32 of SCS checks if items have been moved already and doesn't move them again if they have, so I suspect your best bet (once it's out; probably next couple of days in beta) is to install SCS after Item Randomiser.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:48 AM, DavidW said:

v32 of SCS checks if items have been moved already and doesn't move them again if they have, so I suspect your best bet (once it's out; probably next couple of days in beta) is to install SCS after Item Randomiser.

Thanks for this explanation. I also see that the README of SCS v32 now states that it's better to install SCS after Item Randomiser. Awesome. 🙂

What were these 'legendary' features that were promised or implied?  What's in the current version?  What's planned for future releases?

May we also get a link to the current forum and download on the Gibberlings3 site and have the current page info updated for the latest release?

Edited by Endarire
11 minutes ago, Endarire said:

What were these 'legendary' features that were promised or implied?  What's in the current version?  What's planned for future releases?

That the laser weapons that were to be added to BG1 with all the other content would never unbalance the game. What laser weapons, in BG1, that's absurd.