Angelo Romance stuck? (ToB)

Riot

Howdi Mates!

To start off with, I really enjoy the Angelo NPC Mod so far. An interesting Character, decent (but not overpowered) stats and items, fun quests and a fantastic Romance including a nice Flirt Pack. Good stuff!

Unfortunately, I believe I might have run into an issue with the Angelo Romance in ToB...

!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

I am continuing a romance started in SoA and I am pretty sure I've seen everything there is to see in the Romance. For reference, my final SoA-Lovetalk was the one with the butterfly and I've heard that is the last one in SoA.

After starting ToB Angelo immediately initiated the first ToB Lovetalk, where he basically wants to break up with <Charname> as he believes he is to old for her. Of course I told him that this doesn't matter and he seemed happy to hear that. When the party entered Saradush, Angelo asked if he can leave for a while as he had some business to attend to. I assumed he was buying a present for <Charname> as he wouldn't allow me to accompany him nor did he told me what he was doing. I met him in the tavern, where he rejoined me right away. Strangely his "rejoin dialogue" was the same he has, when you try to kick him out of the party.

Well and since then I hadn't had a single Lovetalk with him. I figured, maybe I have to wait till some specific event in the Main Quest has happened, but even after the Master Wraith disguised as Gorion in the Swamps summoned Shar-Teel, he didn't feel the need to talk to me about it. I just killed Yaga-Shura and even though Angelo asked <Charname> how she felt after the City has fallen, this wasn't a "real" Lovetalk with the music and such. And now I am kinda worried that my Romance is stuck somehow and doesn't trigger any more new Lovetalks.

The game recognizes the Romance as active, I can still Flirt with Angelo just fine. And the other parts of the Mod seem to work as intended as well - Angelo and Imoen banter a lot (he even gave her a present), I met Suu in Saradush, eliminated Ginpachi and Angelo asked what my strategy was before charging into the Siege Camp.

So...is something wrong with my game? Or do I have to wait just a little bit longer, till Angelo will initiate a new Lovetalk?

Thanks for the help in advance! =)

Hi! Welcome to G3! (sort of, I see you're still awaiting authorization).

Tell me, do you have BG2EE? You didn't mention that.

'K, haven't seen Angelo's code for a while, let me see... heavens, been so long it feels like another lifetime.

It has to do with the SPOILER(spoiler begins with w, and ends with an edding, just so you know). The problem is this: "Strangely his "rejoin dialogue" was the same he has, when you try to kick him out of the party. " - that shouldn't happen.

I suspect it might be that BG2EE doesn't recognize SetLeavePartyDialogFile(), and we have to set it manually(will search the forums, add this to the bug thread, possibly update the mod when I can find an admin - those admins are sneaky. But I'm not sure if that's the problem until you tell me whether you're using BG2EE or not).

Okay, solution:

- Kick Angelo out of the party, tell him to wait here.

- Open the console and CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ADAngelWeddingRuse","GLOBAL",2)

- Talk to him again.

Let me know if it works and whether you're using BG2EE.

Hey Kulyok!

Thanks for the quick reply, didn't expect to get an answer this quickly.

And yes, I am playing BG2EE...don't know why I didn't mentioned that in my original post- now that I think about it, that is indeed an important piece information...sorry :-(

I loaded an old savegame in which Saradush isn't destroyed yet and tried the solution you mentioned: I kicked Angelo out of the Party and before I even had time to open the console Angelo initiated the correct "rejoin dialogue". And after leaving the tavern he heard a scream from the temple and everything, including the wedding, played out the way I believe it is intended. So thanks a lot for the help, my romance can continue! Madame, you are AWESOME!!! =)

I guess I will restart ToB though, as I don't want to load a more recent savegame right before attacking Yaga-Shura just to get quickly married before Saradush falls. Storywise I think it is better pacing if the marriage happens right after first entering Saradush as it is intended...and I am not that far in into ToB (just arrived at Amkethran), so it's not a big deal to restart.

Oh, and concerning my authorization:

I still haven't received my Validation E-Mail. I tried to use the "Resend Validation"-button, but it still doesn't work. My E-Mail address is correct though, I checked it several times. I would have contacted a moderator concerning this issue, but unfortunately the Personal Messenger does not work until my account is authorized. And I couldn't contact the webmasters either, as their E-Mail address ("webmaster@gibberlings3.net") seems to be inactive at the moment. So yeah, don't really know what I can do about that except waiting a bit longer in the hopes that the I will eventually receive the E-Mail...

I'm very glad it worked for you. (Maybe it was just a small one-time glitch? Anyway, if any BG2EE-more-knowledgeable-than-me come by and comment, I'll be grateful as this mod's coder!)

As for validation e-mail, sigh, yeah, it might be that our moderators are not active in summer. We didn't have "authorization" before, but, unfortunately, spammers are way too active.

Have fun, and I hope you'll enjoy SisterV's excellent writing!

Hello, it's me again! =)

(Sadly, no update on my validation though, I guess I'll just have to deal with being an unauthorized user for now...)

I finally found some time to play a bit further and must say that Angelo is still amazing...he just had a really funny talk with Jaheira concerning her actions not really fitting her "true neutral" alignment. I also really liked the bonus Romance scene at the Inn in Amkethran.

But the reason I am posting again is as follows...

- Spoilers incoming -

I haven't had a Lovetalk for quite a while now and was wondering if I finished the Angelo's ToB-Romance. The last one happenend right before the Master Wraith and started with "<Charname>...m'lady. We look toward the future now" and ended with "The wheel of fortune rises and you with it, and whether I will rise with you, or be crushed underneath, should be no matter to you". EEKeeper tells me that the value for "ADANGELTOBLOVETALK" is 11. Is that the last LT in ToB? Or is there more to come after I did some stuff in the Main Quest (I still have to beat Sendai and Abazigal). It kinda felt like the final one for me, but as I had problems with triggering the marriage before, I just want to make sure everything is working as intended - don't want to miss out on any of the amazing contend.

Heya,

I'm really glad you've enjoyed it so far ^_^ and thanks as always to Kulyok for helping out.

I'm pre-etty sure that is the last sequential lovetalk...although it seems to be triggering awfully soon; it seem to recall it usually triggered in Amkethran when I playtested. It is a fairly short sequence of talks. If you click on and force-talk him, there's new content for ToB in that menu as well.

(Honestly, my favorite bit of his ToB content remains his talks with Sarevok.)

Cheers!

SV

Hello, it's me again! =)

(Sadly, no update on my validation though, I guess I'll just have to deal with being an unauthorized user for now...)

I finally found some time to play a bit further and must say that Angelo is still amazing...he just had a really funny talk with Jaheira concerning her actions not really fitting her "true neutral" alignment. I also really liked the bonus Romance scene at the Inn in Amkethran.

But the reason I am posting again is as follows...

- Spoilers incoming -

I haven't had a Lovetalk for quite a while now and was wondering if I finished the Angelo's ToB-Romance. The last one happenend right before the Master Wraith and started with "<Charname>...m'lady. We look toward the future now" and ended with "The wheel of fortune rises and you with it, and whether I will rise with you, or be crushed underneath, should be no matter to you". EEKeeper tells me that the value for "ADANGELTOBLOVETALK" is 11. Is that the last LT in ToB? Or is there more to come after I did some stuff in the Main Quest (I still have to beat Sendai and Abazigal). It kinda felt like the final one for me, but as I had problems with triggering the marriage before, I just want to make sure everything is working as intended - don't want to miss out on any of the amazing contend.

"I'm positively quivering in anticipation. See my hands, Sarevok? Quivering." (though I think that was Xan) :)

Okay, checked the files for you, just in case, and indeed, the last lovetalk is "~<CHARNAME>... m'lady. We look toward the future now. Hardly the time to think on the past again. Or mayhap you understand the temptation?~ [ADANG000]" - it's even marked as the last one. My guess is that you've either done the side quests or the Watcher's keep, but even so, the romance path is fairly short. The timer is average - one hour between lovetalks, so that's running fine.

Thank you both so much =)

Now I can finish ToB without having to worry, that I'll miss out on any Romance-related content. And yeah, I actually did take my time in Saradush, doing all the sidequests, clearing out the prison AND the sewers, completing Angelo's and Imoen's spellbooks, et cetera. I also spent an hour (literally!) managing my inventory before heading out to the Yaga Shura's Lair/ The Forest of Mir, so it is not that surprising that I the LT triggered kinda early into the Main Quest.

I will have to take Angelo along on a future playthrough to see his interactions with Sarevok though, as I didn't take Sarevok with me for 2 reasons. Firstly, I simply had no room in my party left for him. Secondly - and most importantly - I just couldn't justify it from a roleplaying point-of-view with my current PC, as she despises Sarevok more than anything else in the world (well, except slavery maybe). She would kill him on the spot, if they ever should meet again in the future - so he was actually VERY lucky that she let him walk out of the Pocket Plane alive after she "revived" him with a fragment of her soul.

Have a nice weekend, mates!

Archived