Just wondering about Ascension

czacki

I know the BG2EE ascension (BP one) and SCS is buggy as hell, so what options should I pick to avoid bugs?

I recall Ascension having "tougher Abazigal" "Tougher Sendai" and so on, I guess those fights are already improved via SCS, hence it's not necessary to install those improvements from Ascension?

Honestly all I like from Ascension is the dialogue/ending changes, if SCS mods the difficulty anyway I'm content with that (unless SCS doesn't modify the difficulty of ToB fights without Ascension instealled, of course!)

Cheers!

SCS further alters Ascension's "Tougher X" components, and the various fights in the Ascension final chapter, in each case just by playing with their AI (i.e., leaving the basic Ascension-supplied CRE files untouched).

If Ascension is not installed, you'll get standard SCS AI for Yaga-Shura, Gromnir, the ToB final villain, human-form Abazigal, Balthazar (iirc) and (vanilla, mage) Illasera. I don't touch vanilla Abazigal.

What about bugs? I've been told the BG2EE Ascension (from BW installer) and SCS like to crash games around ToB endgame battles.

Yeah, I wish Ascension was a part of SCS, too - it technically fits well with the ideology of making the game more of a challenge.

I beat BGT with Ascension and SCS2 installed like two years ago. It was really fun.

so i heard BP ascension works .. kinda.. so can use v30 scs and BP ascension?? also atweaks.. my 3 big end of game mods unless someone runs with refinements.. ..anyways i know scs works but does it play nicely at all with bp ascension.. and does anyone happen to know if atweaks v4.40 is bg2EE friendly with scs and ascen bp?

Archived