Solaufein's Rescue - jastey's Solaufein NPC mod for BGII (Kerzenburgforum)

Not in the terms of "includes devoted intimacies", no. The topic can actually be discussed with him by the PC to a certain extent.

Solaufein only knows the frivolous and brutal ways of the drow, and he wasn't interested in any of this in the original game, so in my characterization he doesn't connect physical intimate actions to love. He does open his mind and heart, though, as a true friend. Which, in his eyes, is the real love (for him).

It should.

One thing I noticed with 3 7th party members is that the party formation places them arbitrarily around the group if I click onto a new destination. The first is usually behind the last group member, but if it gets more they seem to be randomly placed farther away. EDIT: This was with three private projects all working like Solaufein, not Argent's mods.

Edited by jastey

I could perhaps give it a try, although my German is somewhat rusty. Haven't really used it in years, but reading and listening definitely is better than writing and speaking. Still, I'd prefer playing through that part of the game first to get a better impression of, feeling for, the 'color' (or mood/tone) of the dialogues.

If I were to install over an English installation of BG 2 EE, would the MOD still work and just give me some parts in German?

If I were to install over an English installation of BG 2 EE, would the MOD still work and just give me some parts in German?

Yes. The intro quest (drider chambers) is fully in English, but when he joins he will eventually make that soon start to talk German.

Edited by jastey

Alright, I won't make any promises just yet as I really need to just start playing the bloody game again... Things used to be so much simpler back in the day. My very first play through ever was actually without sound as there wasn't enough space on the 1,2 GB HDD for a full install. And MODs didn't exist. Now I constantly interrupt playing to change/tweak/fix/modify whatever nitpick I come across and don't like.

/not gonna hijack thread on beamdog/

I am a big fun of Weimer's Solafein but instead of waiting for someone to finally mercifully make him compatible with enhanced edition I have deicided to try this mod.

Well, completely different. From personality, class to portrait all brand new Solafein! For me it is like a test run, I can't speak german at all, will play "for real" when the mod is fully translated.

There is one thing, I'm on BG2EE. I mean Drider area looks kinda strange, a lot of lines making rectangles becoming grey losing all colors periodically, playable but really jarring. I remember something about old infinity engine tiles/tilesets being incompatible with ee, maybe that's the thing.

Thanks for the feedback and your interest in the mod!

Yes, the "line" thing graphic glitches is due to the old engine area file format on the EE games (since v2). I was hoping BeamDog would fix it with the update but I guess that won't happen any more, so I will need to tackle this in a future update. Sorry for the inconvenience, it will be fixed at some point.

Sorry, I want to ask some more. ;p

About translation mostly:

Looks like only his personal (player initiated) dialogs are not translated?

Is there one or more specific topics/dialogs I must ask him in order for certain things to happen? You know what I mean, like in Weimer's Sola, at some point in ToB if you don't say something to him, really bad nasty bunch of obscenely op sobs will appear to harass you with their sarcasm.