Photo

Console Commands for GemRB and ShadowKeeper

2 replies to this topic

#1 zelazko

zelazko
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

How do I use console commands with gemrb? Standard cheat codes don't seem to work. I have set EnableCheatKeys=1 in my config file.

I want to cheat my way through Irenicus' starter dungeon by giving myself portal key with

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("Misc4g")

So I can get to second level almost immediately recruit Yoshimo, Drizzt and Kachiko and leave the dungeon in less than 5 minutes to further test my mod setup for potential issues but my damn console don't work and shadowkeeper gives me error. I can't also load the gemRB save with vailla bg2 game.

An Assertion failed in ObjCreature.cpp at line number 12244
Spoiler

After I installed components marked red these Shadowkeeper errors started to pop up. Before I could just use shadowkeeper to insert myself portal key.

Thanks khelban12 the cheat code for portal key you provided works. :)

Edited by zelazko, 10 November 2018 - 02:57 PM.

#2 khelban12

khelban12
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:22 AM

How do I use console commands with gemrb? Standard cheat codes don't seem to work. I have set EnableCheatKeys=1 in my config file.
I want to cheat my way through Irenicus' starter dungeon by giving myself portal key with

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("Misc4g")
So I can get to second level almost immediately recruit Yoshimo, Drizzt and Kachiko and leave the dungeon in less than 5 minutes to further test my mod setup for potential issues but my damn console don't work and shadowkeeper gives me error. I can't also load the gemRB save with vailla bg2 game.

If you want to leave Irenicus's dungeon quickly in order to test something, besides movetoarea, you can also install the excellent mod dungeon begone.

I started a playthrough with SCS 2-3 days ago and i didn't have the problem you described with the portal key being unfetchable. Anyway, regarding the console, some commands are slightly different. Try 'CreateItem(1, "MISC4G")'. 1 means which player will get the item and then the item resref. You can also add optional arguments like which inventory slot. The gemrb wiki documents all console commands.

An Assertion failed in ObjCreature.cpp at line number 12244

I have noticed this too in some cases that i needed to run the vanilla engine (for example to quickly sell items from the bag of holding) but i didn't try to debug it. Maybe it has to do with the area or something like that because every time that i got an assertion, i saved from germb somewhere else and then the vanilla engine could load the save fine.

#3 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 3145 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:12 AM

Additionally, some of the most useful cheats are listed here, with shorthand versions (always affecting the selected character):

https://github.com/g...ipts/include.py

Eg. that CreateItem could also be abbreviated as

ci("misc4g")

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Play android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users