Planescape Torment

Guest sparklingdark

Guest sparklingdark

I am about to play this game for the first time and it looks very dark and cool. My monitors maximum resolution is 1920x1200 and is HD. So Planescape doesn't look very good on it at all without this mod.

Is it possible to fix all of the bugs associated with this modification?

-crashes when entering small areas

-movies and menus in the top left corner

-very small icon bars

If you could fix these problems this game would be incredible. I have a hard time with very low resolution on old computer games, but love their style. So this is perfect for me.

Thank you very much Bigg for making this mod in the first place. Enhancing old things whether it be games, music, or movies is really cool. And the fact that you're doing it just to do it is awesome. We really appreciate it :)

I'm really starting to get into this game.

I can look past everything else and still really enjoy it, but when it crashes in small areas it is very frustrating. Hopefully it is fixable.

Why don't you run it in window mode?

How do you get it to run in window mode?

Also, is this mod not compatible with the fixes? It tries to patch the torment.exe and fails.

Guest esperanter

I'm also playing planescape torment for the first time but im not used to its 640x480 resolution. Ive played BGII and IWD1 & 2 in 1024x780, the sense that wider resolution gives is just incomparable. Since this mod is still in its early stages id like to help out with some of bugs/problems ive seen -

- the opening menu, escape menu and movies are terribly small and are in the top-left corner.

- right-click menu is very miniscule, dialogue boxes, and the bottom bar could use a little improvement.

I'm also playing planescape torment for the first time but im not used to its 640x480 resolution. Ive played BGII and IWD1 & 2 in 1024x780, the sense that wider resolution gives is just incomparable. Since this mod is still in its early stages id like to help out with some of bugs/problems ive seen -

- the opening menu, escape menu and movies are terribly small and are in the top-left corner.

- right-click menu is very miniscule, dialogue boxes, and the bottom bar could use a little improvement.

I'm aware of both; unfortunately, fixing them is likely beyond me (I'd need more extensive reverse engineering, 'larger' artwork, and to lose the advantage of auto-patching the GUI).

Guest Neovenator

I seem to have a little problem intalling the widescreen mod with my 4CD UK/US (dunno) version guys, could you help me out? :help:

I'm getting the usual error message when trying to install the thing witch I found a bit strange since I haven't altered anything in torment.ini...it's a full, 4CD install with the official 1.1 patch applied.

the message btw:

ERROR: BIFF [./AR0100.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error<20, "stat",

"./AR0100.BIF">

Is there a way to solve this? Maybe manually extracting some files or such?

Thanks in advance and many thanks for creating the mod!

Is there a way that you could possibly make the movies, menus, dialog bar, inventory and icons unaffected by the higher resolution while keeping the game area, itself, affected.

In other words could the game area be 1680x1050 (my resolution) and everything else be the 640x480.

I wouldn't mind a little blur and pixelation in exchange for it filling the screen.

Is there a way that you could possibly make the movies, menus, dialog bar, inventory and icons unaffected by the higher resolution while keeping the game area, itself, affected.

In other words could the game area be 1680x1050 (my resolution) and everything else be the 640x480.

I wouldn't mind a little blur and pixelation in exchange for it filling the screen.

Not possible, I fear.

Guest Eandril

Hello, just wanted to thank for this awesome mod. I am playing Planescape in 1280x1024 and on 21 inch screen it looks just wonderful. So far I have not encountered any bugs, since movies and menu are in left upper corner which is minor bug and does not make serious impact to the playability of game.

Here is screenie for others to imagine how cool this game can look in that high resolution ((if confused about language on dmg signs, its because I am czech and have my language mod installed in it)) 1909193,Trmnt001.jpg

for installation problems, I found out that all additions and patches have to be installed before installing this mod, also strongly recommend fresh installation of game ((I have 2cd version)), from first cd, then put in second cd and start the game and save, just to game create some files in game folder, then install patch and after that widescreen mode ((as for language modifications they have to be installed before because they mess with some files and you ll get error when starting new game or load game)), important thing is to keep play cd in your mechanic as the installation takes some files from it ..if you dont have it here you ll encounter that unix error...just points I have found out.

If the movies will be ever fixed and menus, this mod will be even more awesome than it currently is ...big thanks to you bigg:-)

Guest Chequemate

Hey Guys - so far I've got it to work without the Full Install (and its my first play of PS:T so I wasn't sure) and wanted to clarify something:

After installing WSM (keeping CD 2 in machine) do I need to now change the ini/copy file over to hard drive to do a full install? The game wont cease to function if I continue to play with CD 2 on with (WSM working as well) will it?

Thanks again for this great mod!

Archived