pleaaaase D:

skipintro7

Hi!

I've played "Big World Project" years ago. It was awesome despite its bugs.

So I just noticed the "Enhanced Edition Trilogy" mod and I thought...hmm....would be even better if Icewind Dale 1+2 is included as well.

Holy shit!

Is this actually a thing? Or will it be a thing?

If so....how far is the mod?

Thanks!

EET with the original game plus Dragonspear between the two parts is a fully playable and stable game with loads of mods that can be added to all parts. IWD will be an addition to come but not a reason to let the already availabe game wait.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've already looked into the BWS setup^^ (Baldur's Gate II: EE / Enhanced Edition Trilogy......i guess that's the correct way to install)

But IWD on top of that would be just....amazing.

Will it come in the near future? or 6 months? 12 months? (just curious if I should start a playthrough or wait until IWD is added)

I know..giving a release date is difficult, especially when it comes to modding

(I'm a modder myself in another game and I know that things often take longer than expected)

Edited by Cutter Slade

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've already looked into the BWS setup^^ (Baldur's Gate II: EE / Enhanced Edition Trilogy......i guess that's the correct way to install)

Yes

But IWD on top of that would be just....amazing.

Yes.

Will it come in the near future? or 6 months? 12 months? (just curious if I should start a playthrough or wait until IWD is added)

K4thos has confirmed quite recently that work is going on. So it will come, not like some other mods that have been announced for years and never were released.

Since Beamdog announced they're working to get the 2.X patch for IWD, does it mean that when they release it, IWD-in-EET will be released in almost the same time or is there any other work to do before ?

It completely depends on how they do the patch... does the BG2 also need to have the patch, do they mess up the opcode variables differently which requires the source files to be re-encoded, or do they do a slapdash refinement that just replaces the IWD coded files with BG2 coded files in which case one just needs to copy the files to the game directory (not very likely as they would need to revert the engine, just like the IWD-in-EE needs to do).