Moderator action

you morans are banning her??!!

G3 has never banned anyone, and still hasn't. Roxanne has in fact been posting here since this was announced, and will continue to be welcome.

The offtopic beef about moderation on another site has been split into a new thread over yonder.

The offtopic beef about moderation on another site has been split into a new thread over yonder.

It's not offtopic, Einstein.

It's a reminder that this two-bit 'detective on the downs', a poor man's Sherlock Holmes is not correct in his assessment despite his "rock-solid proof".

There are other useless offtopic posts in this thread where no one asked people for their opinions, yet they offered them anyway. If you are going to be consistent, might as well move those around too.

CamDawg............you said "over yonder"..............holy crap that's just funny, but I have lived in the Hillbilly South my whole life so I can relate!

Well, I guess Kentucky and Bourbon press a certain vocabulary on a man's soul. Still, I have no idea what we're talking about, but I asked some questions I intend to receive answers for. And if not, them damn yankees got something comin' to them.

I'm coming in waay late here, as I just joined G3 (but have been lurking for years).  And I kind of picked up that something sour occurred with Roxanne and several others in the SHS/G3 modding community in the past.  I find it sad that she feels ostracized/unwanted over here.  On her site, there is a fairly active bunch of participants, who are mostly would-be noob modders and plain 'ol players looking for help.  I can attest that Roxanne is rapidly responsive to all calls for help, and freely offers assistance to those who ask.  Usually within hours of asking.  

She has single-handedly done quite a lot of work bringing back old mods and helping to make them compatible with EE versions.  And she keeps the BWS function rolling like a champ, so multiple mod install conflicts are taken into account, and the weidu install order is correct.

I'll just say that she is a a great ambassador for the hobby, and honestly, she does not bad mouth or bring anything up about the disagreements she had with SHS/G3 on her site.  It is a crying shame that she feels kicked out of the G3 forums, because she actually cares about the game.  

I'll leave it there.  It is just a game folks.  Don't know anything about alts or such, and kind of don't care.  No need to erect fences, in my opinion. 

33 minutes ago, LichDiet said:

I'm coming in waay late here, as I just joined G3 (but have been lurking for years).  And I kind of picked up that something sour occurred with Roxanne and several others in the SHS/G3 modding community in the past.  I find it sad that she feels ostracized/unwanted over here.  On her site, there is a fairly active bunch of participants, who are mostly would-be noob modders and plain 'ol players looking for help.  I can attest that Roxanne is rapidly responsive to all calls for help, and freely offers assistance to those who ask.  Usually within hours of asking.  

She has single-handedly done quite a lot of work bringing back old mods and helping to make them compatible with EE versions.  And she keeps the BWS function rolling like a champ, so multiple mod install conflicts are taken into account, and the weidu install order is correct.

I'll just say that she is a a great ambassador for the hobby, and honestly, she does not bad mouth or bring anything up about the disagreements she had with SHS/G3 on her site.  It is a crying shame that she feels kicked out of the G3 forums, because she actually cares about the game.  

I'll leave it there.  It is just a game folks.  Don't know anything about alts or such, and kind of don't care.  No need to erect fences, in my opinion. 

I was thinking like you before, what with all the hate about Roxanne ? She seems to be a nice person, with a helping hand.

But that's just a facade, her BWS version is just to serve her own agenda and promote her own mod. Half the mods downloadable with it are unofficial version hosted without the creators consent.

And the cherry on the cake... : https://baldursextendedworld.com/Baldurans-Sea-Tower/

If stealing other people assests and call it your own is ok, then yes, Roxanne is "a great ambassador for the hobby".

Edited by Jazira
1 hour ago, LichDiet said:

Stealing other people's mods or the resources to them, flooding several message boards with tons of alts, yes a great ambassador and we should all strive to be like her. </s>

She hasn't been kicked out, she made herself unwelcome through her own behavior.  That's all there is to it.

Edited by Angel
3 hours ago, LichDiet said:

She's done bad things and her not "bad mouthing" someone doesn't make those bad things go away.

Imagine stealing an apple. (Person A)

You are caught and people express criticism over this. (People B)

Person C passes by and comments how you didn't bad mouth People B.

Have you thereby been successfully defended by Person C? Your stealing an apple suddenly doesn't matter?

Person C also says how he/she doesn't know anything about an apple being stolen. 

So?

Does that make People B forget about the apple? 

I'll leave it there, you don't have to answer. There are good ways to defend someone and bad ways, and your post is in the latter category. 

7 hours ago, LichDiet said:

she does not bad mouth or bring anything up about the disagreements she had with SHS/G3 on her site

See, that's the point. Roxanne doesn't badmouth other modders. It was the person behind that username who did so, using multiple other accounts to make it look like:

7 hours ago, LichDiet said:

On her site, there is a fairly active bunch of participants, who are mostly would-be noob modders and plain 'ol players looking for help.

q.e.d.