[BG2EE] Bug: Sensible Entrance Points breaking Anomen's quest

3 replies to this topic

#1 krispykremeguy42

krispykremeguy42
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Hello, first time posting.

Thanks to everyone for putting together this great fix/tweak pack, and keeping it maintained for the enhanced edition! However, I noticed a bug that affected Anomen's quest. When he is summoned back to the Noble Order of the Radiant Heart for his test, a cutscene starts where the main character are Anomen are in the center of the map. It immediately ends, though, and the usual dialogue from when I click on Anomen plays. His stats do not change and my journal does not update.

I went through and figured out which mod it was, and it appears to be the Sensible Entrance Points mod. That makes a lot of sense, since the description indicates that it flipped the map for the Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.

It should be noted that I was not using a new save when I installed the mods. I also used the EE Keeper save state editor to redistribute my proficiencies for that mod. I doubt it would matter, but just in case it does.

Edit: I'm also using the Steam version of BG2EE, on a Windows 7 machine.

Edited by krispykremeguy42, 08 January 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6820 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:29 AM

The component does not change any triggers or weighing of Anomen's or the other Knight's dialogue. It turns the interior and changes spawn coordinates of creatures inside. I don't think it could be responsible for misfireing / not firing dialogues. The only possibility I see is that the cutscene from the accolade got mixed up somehow.

#3 CamDawg

CamDawg

Seven billion ton robot monster

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9192 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

The component does not change any triggers or weighing of Anomen's or the other Knight's dialogue. It turns the interior and changes spawn coordinates of creatures inside. I don't think it could be responsible for misfireing / not firing dialogues. The only possibility I see is that the cutscene from the accolade got mixed up somehow.

And more to the point, this component makes no changes at all on a BGIIEE game, as the map is already flipped.

This component is auto-skipped on BGIIEE games, but unfortunately the version of WeiDU that ships with v14 (v232) doesn't recognize the exclusion. This will be fixed for v15.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#4 Juanrah

Juanrah
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:06 PM

Hello, 

I am having the exact same problem. Anomen's test cannot begin and the Noble Order Map is bugged with doors and other item locations. I am playing the BG2EE version on steam. Trying to fix this, I installed the Tweak Pack v16 but it still auto-skips the Sensible Entrance Points component installation. In here http://camagna.net/g...e-cdtweaks.html you can read: " One big change for BG2 content is a flipped interior map of the Noble Order of the Radiant Heart (this is already standard in BG2EE)". However it seems it is not standard.

Is there a mod that solves this issue?, I am interested in completing Anomen's quest more than the flipped map.

Any suggestion is appreciated. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users