The BG2 Tweak Pack is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install. Version 15 includes three new components, fixes for foreign languages on EE games, and a slew of bug fixes.
Blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda, v15 changelog:
- Fixed bug with components that added strings for non-English installs on Enhanced Editions. New macros were coded and employed for components which update item descriptions (e.g. Allow Stealth and Thieving Abilities in Heavy Armor per P&P).
- Finally got Alter Weapon Proficiency System: Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies to finally stop flubbing on replacing the ninja-to text. I think.
- NPCs Don't Fight already covered the new Enhanced Edition NPCs for BGEE; now it also does so for BGIIEE
- Romance Cheats was simplified and expanded to cover the Enhanced Edition NPCs
- Improved Fate Spirit Summoning also updated to cover the Enhanced Edition NPCs
- Added Give Cespenar Cromwell's Recipes, Remove Summoning Cap, and Do Not Reveal City Maps components
- Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation now better accounts for the happiness setup in Enhanced Edition games
- Armor list used for various components now accounts for IWD armor for IWD-in-BG2 or IWDEE games
- Fully deprecated the Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component
- Higher HP on Level Up should be a little faster, as it'll no longer try to patch tables already patched
- Updated the Change Experience Point Cap - Remove Completely option to account for yet more tables softcoded by the Enhanced Engine series
- Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight will now work on a dynamic search for magically-created items, instead of a fixed list. Since this now potentially reaches a broader list than the BG2 Fixpack, the Fixpack will no longer preclude this being installed.
- Unlimited Ammo Stacks will now cover spears, for mods which add them
- Added screening for components to detect upcoming IWDEE release and show/hide components as appropriate
- Exotic Item Pack now updates the proficiencies for creatures who have their weapons changed; on BGEE Krumm's magical club will be moved nearby instead of being overwritten
- ToB-Style NPCs will now try to detect NPCs on the fly instead of working from a fixed list, in theory providing better coverage for current and future mod NPCs
- All components restrictions have been updated with an eye towards the imminent IWDEE release. Explicit changes to the components themselves were made for Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues (Weimer)
- Two-Handed Axes will now adjust the contents of IWD Item Upgrade to account for the two-handed alternates on IWD-in-BG2 games