54 replies to this topic

#1 CamDawg

CamDawg

Seven billion ton robot monster

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9188 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:17 AM

Some of my own...

• Now that I've played with it, BG2EE's daylong Cromwell forging is annoying. Perhaps Fixpack's Cromwell timing components would be better served here.
  • Various TobEx stuff for EE, e.g. universal four weapon slots
  • BG - See if you can force Bhaal dreams to always occur on next sleep

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 6818 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

Not sure it's the scope of the mod, but...

SoD: make final ending independent on whether the PC defended him/herself verbally in the trial.

- Including "Petrified Imoen" into Tweaks - good idea or not so?

#3 Angel

Angel
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

Here's a bunch from my personal "Made in Heaven" project that you might be interested in.  I already implemented all of these in my own mod for BGT, you're free to grab my code if you like.

BG1/BG2 - Give winter wolves their proper P&P ice breath. (Icewind Dale already has this correct.)

BG1/BG2 - Give mustard jellies their proper P&P vapor cloud.(Icewind Dale already has this correct.)

BG1 - Tone down the unrealistically large number of Large Shields +1 for sale in several shops. (Several shops have stacks of five or more.)

IWD1 - Make Potions of Extra Healing work like in BG2 (27 HP in BG2, 16 HP in IWD1)

An extra option for wearing protection items together: Allow protection items to be combined with magical armor but not with each other.  (I think Item Revisions also has something like this.)

Force fighter/druids to follow strict druid item restrictions.  (No iron plate mail and shields.)

Alternative druid XP table - Give druids their normal XP table, minus the ridiculous speed bump that keeps them stuck at level 14 while the rest of the party gathers epic levels.

BG2 - Level-locked spell scrolls: Restrict the scrolls wizards and priests can use by level.  No 7th level wizard casting Chain Lightning from scrolls.  (Does not work in BG1/IWD1.)

Allow wizards to use bucklers, and thieves to use small shields (house rule of a GM friend of mine).

Extended HP rolls - allow characters to roll for HP up to level 20 instead of level 9, as in 3.5E rules.

Non-bouncing Lightning Bolts - Change the Lightning Bolt projectile so it doesn't crazily bounce off of the scenery and kill the caster.

BG1/BG2 - Give paladins a Smite Evil as in IWD: Heart of Winter, and 3.5E rules.  (Smite Undead for the Undead Hunter as it seems more fitting.)

No "Resist Fire/Cold" icon.  The Resist Fire/Cold icon is hard to distinguish from the Protection of Fire icon.  Change items and spells to only use Protection from Fire and Protection from Ice icons as appropriate.

I have others, but they are more suited for UB or other mods.

My personal "Made in Heaven" mod is here: https://github.com/A...ree/development

Edited by Angel, 23 July 2017 - 11:13 PM.

#4 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9188 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

Not sure it's the scope of the mod, but...

SoD: make final ending independent on whether the PC defended him/herself verbally in the trial.

- Including "Petrified Imoen" into Tweaks - good idea or not so?

I like both of these ideas, but Tweaks probably isn't the natural home for them.  

BG1/BG2 - Give winter wolves their proper P&P ice breath. (Icewind Dale already has this correct.)

BG1/BG2 - Give mustard jellies their proper P&P vapor cloud.(Icewind Dale already has this correct.)

BG1 - Tone down the unrealistically large number of Large Shields +1 for sale in several shops. (Several shops have stacks of five or more.)

IWD1 - Make Potions of Extra Healing work like in BG2 (27 HP in BG2, 16 HP in IWD1)

BG1/BG2 - Give paladins a Smite Evil as in IWD: Heart of Winter, and 3.5E rules. (Smite Undead for the Undead Hunter as it seems more fitting.)

Similarly, I'm not sure Tweaks is the natural home for these either.

An extra option for wearing protection items together: Allow protection items to be combined with magical armor but not with each other.  (I think Item Revisions also has something like this.)

Force fighter/druids to follow strict druid item restrictions.  (No iron plate mail and shields.)

BG2 - Level-locked spell scrolls: Restrict the scrolls wizards and priests can use by level. No 7th level wizard casting Chain Lightning from scrolls. (Does not work in BG1/IWD1.)

Allow wizards to use bucklers, and thieves to use small shields (house rule of a GM friend of mine).

Extended HP rolls - allow characters to roll for HP up to level 20 instead of level 9, as in 3.5E rules.

Non-bouncing Lightning Bolts - Change the Lightning Bolt projectile so it doesn't crazily bounce off of the scenery and kill the caster.

No "Resist Fire/Cold" icon. The Resist Fire/Cold icon is hard to distinguish from the Protection of Fire icon. Change items and spells to only use Protection from Fire and Protection from Ice icons as appropriate.

Sure.

Alternative druid XP table - Give druids their normal XP table, minus the ridiculous speed bump that keeps them stuck at level 14 while the rest of the party gathers epic levels.

Tweaks already has a variant where druids get the same level progression as clerics. I'm not sure another slightly different variant adds much.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#5 CamDawg

CamDawg

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9188 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

Oh, and disable automatic assignment of "Advanced AI" script to party members on EE games.

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6116 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:30 PM

Sure

Sure sure... is it even possible in the BG2:ToB ? As the level cap is there forced(, in the nonEE games). As it just happens to coexist with the fact that the chars get no benefit from their CON after the "random HP level" cap is reached.
Also the BGT has a HP check that sometimes screws the HPs badly at level 1. Meaning that if for some reason the char should have 20 HPs, they will revert to having x<15 HPs.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#7 Angel

Angel
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:04 AM

BG1/BG2 - Give paladins a Smite Evil as in IWD: Heart of Winter, and 3.5E rules. (Smite Undead for the Undead Hunter as it seems more fitting.)

Similarly, I'm not sure Tweaks is the natural home for these either.

Fair enough. I wasn't sure they were either, but I can't think of another place to put them. Except for my personal mod that probably nobody else will ever install. :-)

BG2 - Level-locked spell scrolls: Restrict the scrolls wizards and priests can use by level. No 7th level wizard casting Chain Lightning from scrolls. (Does not work in BG1/IWD1.)

No "Resist Fire/Cold" icon. The Resist Fire/Cold icon is hard to distinguish from the Protection of Fire icon. Change items and spells to only use Protection from Fire and Protection from Ice icons as appropriate.

Sure.

Like I said, feel free to grab my code for them if you want.

Tweaks already has a variant where druids get the same level progression as clerics. I'm not sure another slightly different variant adds much.

True, but I like the unique feel of the druid XP table, it would be nice to have the option.  But if not, oh well, I can still use my own. :-)

By the way, the option to alter druids will currently be skipped entirely on vanilla BG1 and IWD1.  I guess it doesn't matter much there for BG1 as druids are unlikely to even get to level 14 without extensive modding, but for IWD1 it is a bummer. :-(

Sure

Sure sure... is it even possible in the BG2:ToB ? As the level cap is there forced(, in the nonEE games). As it just happens to coexist with the fact that the chars get no benefit from their CON after the "random HP level" cap is reached.
Also the BGT has a HP check that sometimes screws the HPs badly at level 1. Meaning that if for some reason the char should have 20 HPs, they will revert to having x<15 HPs.

I have not done any major testing, but the basic concept, which is extending the existing HPxxx.2da tables up to level 20, does seem to work (at least with ToBEx, I haven't tested without).  I even wrote it in such a way that it plays nice with the existing options for altering the HP tables in cdtweaks.  (Basically I copy the level 8 line for even levels and the level 9 line for odd ones.)

You may be right about the engine quirks and if that is so there's not much I can do about it, I'm unfortunately not an assemby hacker.  (Yet...)

As for BGT, I have "take a look at it and see if I can do some maintenance" on my to-do list somewhere, I'll make a note about this check.

Edited by Angel, 25 July 2017 - 12:28 AM.

#8 bob_veng

bob_veng
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

change the adverse effect of durlag's goblet to something characters are less ordinarily immune to, while preserving the thematic combo of durlag's goblet and kiel's helmet by making the helmet provide an immunity to that effect instead of the ordinary immunity to fear

*and/or*
make it impossible to recharge the durlag's goblet (perhaps make it 1xday or make merchants refuse to buy it, perhaps along with other cursed items)
*or, failing all else*
make the durlag's goblet much more expensive, so recharging becomes relatively uneconomical (more relevant for SoD, because of the money situation there)

reasons: content changes since the original TotSC create a new context for the use of this item which makes it drastically more powerful and convenient than it was designed to be

edit: also, i think that kiel's helmet shouldn't provide a working immunity to the durlag's goblet fear curse (it's supposed to trick you to believe you're immune) and that it didn't in the original edition, but this nuance was lost in the subsequent generations of the game; i'd have to check on this though

Edited by bob_veng, 25 July 2017 - 06:38 AM.

#9 khelban12

khelban12
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:25 AM

Seing Ardanis at the announcement topic reminded me of his Trap Detection mod.

If i understood the situation correctly, it was going to be included in Demi's Kit Revisions mod but i think KR has stalled.

If he is ok with it of course, wouldn't it be a nice tweak to have in the anthology ?

The premise of the mod is that trap mechanics are crap in BG2. In other RPGs, thieves can always detect traps even when hidden (in some implementations they walk at half speed when detecting traps). In BG2, you can either walk hidden to scout ahead looking for enemies with the danger of triggering a trap, or detect traps and being seen by enemies. The only way to perform both is find traps while being invisible by a potion (or a cleric cast sanctuary on you).

#10 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:43 AM

That's a very nice idea. I would limit it to thieves (and I guess monks, although I've never understood monk trap detection, or cared about the monk class) and have it fire every 4-6 second ds, not every 2-3... a dumb group of adventurers should still be able to rush down a hallway and set off traps.

But yeah this would make a great addition.

Edited by subtledoctor, 30 July 2017 - 08:43 AM.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6116 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:58 AM

That's a very nice idea. I would limit it to thieves ...

Isn't it enough that only thieves can remove the traps ... as the others don't get the GUI option to have that talent even if they cast spells to see the traps. Yeah, one could cast spells to make summons and so forth, but that's not the same thing even remotely.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#12 c4_angel

c4_angel
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

I have made some tweaks/corrections in my bwp game, but i'm not sure it proper enough for tweaks.

1. Change almost every door to prevent NPCs pass through, to make sure no panic/enemy go out and course any unexpected situation, e.g. the House Jae'llat.

2. Stop ALL romance at the beginning. After play through for almost 20 years, some one like me may think that's really boring.

Or tweak(shorten) the timer, especially some use real time. If some one want to keep the romance but want to just finish it asap.

3. Alter buy/sell percentage of shops, and stealable  or not.

Edited by c4_angel, 30 July 2017 - 11:16 AM.

#13 Ikki

Ikki
  • Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

Future tweak ideas - post 'em here

On EE allow cancelling level-up

Edited by Ikki, 30 July 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#14 argent77

argent77
  • Modders
  • 677 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

My tweak idea: Disabled "Party AI" when starting a new game

It's basically just a matter of setting Configuration bit 0 (Party AI disabled) in the game's default BALDUR.GAM.

#15 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Modders
  • 2545 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

Restore original NPCLEVEL.2DA and disable the scripted XP matching to that of Player1.

Seing Ardanis at the announcement topic reminded me of his Trap Detection mod.

I've lost the code long ago, though it's possible to remake.

"Uguu~ Boku Ayu."

Before you start breaking wall tiles with your bare fists, ask yourself first - do you truly need it?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users