WeiDu Problem

voodoo3152

I have downloaded the mods Romantic Encounters and JPS Portraits for Mac and when I click on either of the command files i get this message for romantic encounters

The .command file ‘/BGII - SoA/install_RE.command’ could not open. Most likely it is not executable.

and this one for JPS portraits

The .command file ‘/BGII - SoA/Setup-JPS_Portraits.command’ could not open. Most likely it is not executable.

I have WeiDu on my computer why won't they install.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated, Thanks.

Hello,

I've found something that may be helpful here. Double-clicking on the .command files doesn't work for me the way it's meant to, after I've extracted a mod archive into my BGII - SoA folder, so there are two ways you can get the mod in question to install:

1. Use Install-tools (I've been doing this lately, and find it will install most mods). I do this by opening Terminal, changing directories to "BGII\ -\ SoA" and then typing "./Install-tools/Install-mod.sh" and pressing RETURN. When prompted, I drag and drop the extracted mod's folder onto the Terminal window, and the install process runs.

2. open Terminal, change directories to "BGII\ -\ SoA", then type "./[modfile].command" to run the mod installer.

Both methods will work for most mods. There are some, such as Chloe, that fail to install, giving error messages and advising me to e-mail the .DEBUG file to the creator, but doing so never gets me a response :)

Good luck!

Eric

There are some, such as Chloe, that fail to install, giving error messages ...

If you can textedit a file, you can get Chloe to install on Macs by changing the backslashes to slashes on these three lines in the Chloe.tp2 file:

ADD_MUSIC ~ChGTKUCR~ ~Chloe\Music\CRblank1.mus~

ADD_MUSIC ~ChLoveCR~ ~Chloe\Music\CRblank2.mus~

ADD_MUSIC ~ChImCR~ ~Chloe\Music\CRblank3.mus~

Good deal! I've made a note of this, and will try it out now. This will tell me whether or not I'll be able to use the mod.

As it is, I'm gonna have to restore a clean install of the game (with 2.1.2 ToB patch), then reinstall all the mods I have, as I now know the order in which I should install them, and I've eliminated a non-WeiDU mod. Apparently, I should install the Fixpack before any other mods. I'm almost ready to tackle this.

Thanks,

Eric

Archived