Anyone up for beta testing the Amber NPC mod?

Meira

Great, thanks! Generally I don't recommend beta testing Amber with any other mods in beta stage and/or not yet fully stable, but I'm sure that you as the creator of Fade will be able to tell which are your problems and and which are mine.

SoA Fade is pretty much stable now - I know exactly where any remaining glitches are (which have been ironed out for the new version anyway!) so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure Amber will play like a dream :)

Yes, work at least. I don't plan to go public before V1, so we cannot add the banters to the crossmod pack before that, but I probably don't have too much time before that anyway.  :D  I did make some notes when I played with Fade, though.

Notes are fine :borg: Since it seems to take me an age nowadays to get anything done, I wouldn't fret none! I just like the crossmod idea :band:

I've been watching your homepage for news for about a year, so I'd love to test it out!

:)

My email is zethre@hotmail.com

You're welcome to join the testers, but I'll have to ask you to register here first, so that you can be given the access to the beta forum.

I'm still here if we get any AI problems.

-Y-

Well, actually... When we originally tested the script in the alpha phase, we had a number of crashes to desktop. The only consistency seemed to be that it happened only when Amber was in close combat (but not always, of course). We pruned down the script somewhat, taking out parts that we upon testing considered either unnecessary or somehow not suited to Amber's character, and we *thought* we also got rid of whatever caused the crashes, since the pruned-down script caused no crashes during the rest of the Alpha test. But as we moved on to beta, the same problem manifested itself again when Amber's AI script was active. So there's still something awry. We could send you the edited script if you would also like to go through it and see if you can find anything suspicious there that could be causing the crashes. Or you could of course download the Beta and test it yourself.

I think we'd better ask Cam give you access to the Beta forum so that you can participate in the AI testing. I'll PM him right away.

-Darios

I am from spellhold studios and would like to beta test.  I use the big picture and alot of littler mods.

ronin

Darios has asked Cam to give you an access to Amber's beta forum. :D I'm not sure Big Picture is a good idea for beta testing, though. :)

Guest Sevarius

I've played all the way through BGII 7 times and I was never quite satisfied with the romances: Aerie is annoying and whiny, Viconia is too evil for my taste and I never liked Jaheira's personality. I also found it annoying that all thieves execept Yoshimo are dual mages.

I would love to get the opportunity to test Amber I it's still available.

I know I have to register but i'm not sure how to do it.

My email is Megamaniac_2000@hotmail.com

I've played all the way through BGII 7 times and I was never quite satisfied with the romances: Aerie is annoying and whiny, Viconia is too evil for my taste and I never liked Jaheira's personality. I also found it annoying that all thieves execept Yoshimo are dual mages.

I would love to get the opportunity to test Amber I it's still available.

I know I have to register but i'm not sure how to do it.

My email is Megamaniac_2000@hotmail.com

'Register'-link should be around in top left corner on the main page of the forums, next to 'log in'-link. If I remember correctly you're asked to fill in a valid email, an username and a password - the rest (age, contry etc. ) is optional. It should not take a minute. :)

Archived