What is this, a trick?

Guest Nosuchthings

Guest Guest
More information, if you would.  What exactly happened, first?  What other mods do you have installed, what were the circumstances of this fatal error, which OS are you using?

No other mods installed, I use Windows XP, and as soon as I had the mod running, a small window openend and declared a fatal error had occurred. No more information at the time being.

Guest Devil

I can't get rid of any of the files I got. Oversight doesn't work, but I cannot get rid of the files. I have Windows XP, please help. Is there something wrong I have done, because I always get the message that says that something has gone wrong?

There's a problem in Windows XP where a failed download sometimes creates a corrupt file which can't be deleted. If rebooting the computer doesn't allow you to delete it, Service Pack 2 should.

Alternatively, it might be a completely different problem.

Guest Guest

I believe I got a message saying that the files are being used by another program, but then they seemed to drop themselves right into the wastepaperbin. What was that about readme only files? If that is the problem, how do I change it?

You should be able to change it by right clicking on the files, choosing "Properties" from the menu and unticking the "Read Only" checkbox on the window that pops up.

I don't think this is particularly an issue with the Mod, I think this one belongs to Bill Gates. I've seen similar things happen with crashed game installers. After a few reboots, the computer might eventually remember that the file isn't being used.

Guest Nosuchthings
You should be able to change it by right clicking on the files, choosing "Properties" from the menu and unticking the "Read Only" checkbox on the window that pops up.

I don't think this is particularly an issue with the Mod, I think this one belongs to Bill Gates. I've seen similar things happen with crashed game installers. After a few reboots, the computer might eventually remember that the file isn't being used.

Well, give me an axe and call me Korgan.

I tried to install it a few days ago, and it went smoothly.

I cannot understand what's going on, but it works so far, so I will not complain.

Archived