IWD Tweaks v6

Guest grogerson

Guest grogerson

Another question, Cam. Do one of your "fixes" change the price of Raise Dead and Resurrection from Temples to 10,000gp and 20,000gp respectively?

Another possible tweak/fix: When you take the Journal of Evaine from Upper Dorn's to Larral, would you have him remove it from your inventory?

Definitely a bug, as the journal entries mention giving him the book.

ADD_TRANS_ACTION DLARREL
BEGIN 46 END
BEGIN 4 END
~TakePartyItem("EvaJour")~

've also looked over the P&P spell progression tables using my 2e player's handbook and The Complete Wizard's Handbook. I'll e-mail you a revised mxsplwiz.2da based on this information. The changes affect spell progression from level 25 to 40.

Cheers, got it.

Guest grogerson

I really hate to do this to you, Cam, especially after the last fix, but I've run into another problem... :)

The game CTDs when I try to enter Dragon's Eye Level 4. It crashes in all three installs, but only IWD gave me the error. "An Assertion failed in ObjCreature.cpp at line number 11381."

I'm using a save from the beta, if that matters, and it's the first time entering that area. I've been using various saves from IWD to check "store" prices, so I have saves before entering areas where things can be bought or sold. I had not problems with Easthaven, Kuldahar or Dragon's Eye Level 2, however.

Another problem with the "Fixes" component? I'll check it out tomorrow.

Guest grogerson

I really should think about what I'm posting before posting it. I uninstalled the Assorted Fixes and the crash disappeared. I guess it's one of the new fixes added after the beta.

Could you try commenting out this block from assorted fixes and seeing if this fixes it?

// known spells have wrong level, type set
COPY_EXISTING ~albion.cre~   ~override~
		  ~eldathyf.cre~ ~override~
		  ~eldathyn.cre~ ~override~
		  ~higharch.cre~ ~override~
		  ~ms6yuan.cre~  ~override~
		  ~msmyuan.cre~  ~override~
		  ~rdeyuane.cre~ ~override~
		  ~sevsoul.cre~  ~override~
		  ~shadsoul.cre~ ~override~
		  ~shatsoul.cre~ ~override~
		  ~yuaewax.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuaewbl.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuaewbo.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuaewsw.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuanwax.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuanwbi.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuanwsw.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuaxdin.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yubldin.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuchamp.cre~  ~override~
		  ~yuswdin.cre~  ~override~
 READ_LONG  0x308 "known_off"
 READ_LONG  0x30c "known_num"
 FOR (index = 0; index < known_num; index = index + 1) BEGIN
READ_ASCII ("%known_off%" +		("%index%" * 0x0c)) "resref"
PATCH_IF ("%resref%" STRING_COMPARE_REGEXP "spin99[789]" = 0) BEGIN
  WRITE_SHORT ("%known_off%" + 0x08 + ("%index%" * 0x0c)) 9 // level
  WRITE_SHORT ("%known_off%" + 0x0a + ("%index%" * 0x0c)) 2 // innate
END 
 END
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

AFAICT it's the only change added since the beta that might affect ar4004.

I had the same problem as grogerson, although I didn't get any assertion error, the screen stopped loading the level and it just went black (TotL installed). Also, not just level 4, but level 5 crashes as well. CLUAing my party to those areas had the same effect.

Uninstalling assorted fixes also seemed to do the trick.

Yeah, Cam = dumb. I'm pretty sure this is the same issue that caused CTDs with the beta fixes back in Fixpack v1 or v2. You'd think I'd remember something like that.

Well, cheers, I guess yet another Tweaks is on the way.

Guest grogerson

Thanks for the manual fix. I'll check it out tonight (I'm at work now). My suggestion, until I or Dualmakan can play through, is a v6.1. I'd hate to have it reach v10 in so short a time because we've been finding these bugs...

Another possible tweak/fix: When you take the Journal of Evaine from Upper Dorn's to Larral, would you have him remove it from your inventory?

Definitely a bug, as the journal entries mention giving him the book.

ADD_TRANS_ACTION DLARREL
BEGIN 46 END
BEGIN 4 END

How and where would this be added in a manual .tp2 fix?

Thanks for the manual fix. I'll check it out tonight (I'm at work now). My suggestion, until I or Dualmakan can play through, is a v6.1. I'd hate to have it reach v10 in so short a time because we've been finding these bugs...

I'll wait a few days on this one, so play quickly. :)

ADD_TRANS_ACTION DLARREL
BEGIN 46 END
BEGIN 4 END

How and where would this be added in a manual .tp2 fix?

This is dialogue coding; add it anywhere to G3DaleTweaksdlg/all-fixes.d. all-fixes.d is already compiled in the tp2, so no changes are needed there. .d files, like .tp2, are just text files.

Archived