IWDification Beta 3 Now Available

CamDawg

If you read nothing else read this:

Updating from Beta 1 to other versions will mess up your save games due to some necessary internal changes. New games or updates from versions other than Beta 1 will be fine.

IWDification is a mod to bring some of the elements of Icewind Dale into the Baldur's Gate series of games. A lot of this project is based upon the work of the IWD-in-BG2 conversion project. The mod adds various elements such as selectable bard songs, two-handed axes, and over 65 new spells into your BG2, Tutu, BGT, or BGEE game. Every component can be installed independently of one another.

Beta 3 changelog:

• Cure Moderate Wounds had an incorrect icon reference, which could cause crashes when you tried to memorize the spell

Beta 2 changelog:

• Made a first pass at having the new spell icons blend in
  • Added lore and prices to Two-Handed Axes
  • Cat's Grace wasn't being added to any stores
  • Added Cure Moderate Wounds
  • Shambling mounds summoned by Stalker no longer drop their paws
  • Entropy Shield wasn't blocking Icelance
  • Emotion: Hopelessness scroll now has icon
  • Blood Rage had an extraneous effect that would kill the target
  • Alicorn Lance now uses a nicer glow on the target
  • Static Charge's initial charge worked, but not its followup damage
  • Zone of Sweet Air should now clear the new cloud-based spells

And outside of the formal announcement, a little more information... IWDification adds all those great divine spells everyone loves, especially the druid ones. For now the arcane spells are all obtainable from vendors--High Hedge and Sorcerous Sundries for Tutu/BGT/BGEE; Lady Yuth/Galoomp for SoA, and Arcana Archives for ToB, which is something that'll be addressed in future versions.

Yay. I'm going to check out the big axes. Skorn rules Diablo 3, and I've always loved halberd animations.

To make the IWDification complete, we only need someone great from IWD, like Michael Bell/Larrel, to voice someone from BG2, like Haer'Dalis... oh, wait.

Without knowing exactly which spells are Druid spells and which are not (yeah, I'm terrible at IWD), that sounds pretty awesome.

Added to the to-do list: include this info in the readme. Give me a moment and I'll add a post at least.

Congratulations on the release CamDawg!

Stoopid question - but I take it that the new spells only apply to the PC & joinable allies, and won't be present in enemy spellbooks?

For now, yes. I'd like to eventually work a few into the generic enemy scripts so you'd get the occasional Circle of Bones of Lance of Disruption thrown your way. The beta release is mainly to shake out bugs with the spells themselves.

In the description for Vitriolic Sphere in the readme:

The victim suffers 1d4 points of acid damage per caster level, to a maximum of 2d4 points of damage.

Quite sure the maximum damage is incorrect given that the damage example says 8d4.

Vitriolic sphere caps at 12d4, IIRC. I'll get this corrected--thanks!

edit: Yes, 12d4, and the docs are fixed.

The Shambling Mounds created by the Stalker spell drop their paws when killed. :-)

Fixed and fixed for beta 2.

Beta 2 is out--don't upgrade from the first beta and use your save games.

The big update is the new icons. Over the course of editing 180 or so of those bastards I'm sure mistakes were made, so please give them some extra attention when you play--are the backgrounds transparent, do the scrolls change when you pick them up, random green pixels, etc. Otherwise the changelog:

• Made a first pass at having the new spell icons blend in
  • Added lore and prices to Two-Handed Axes
  • Cat's Grace wasn't being added to any stores
  • Added Cure Moderate Wounds
  • Shambling mounds summoned by Stalker no longer drop their paws
  • Entropy Shield wasn't blocking Icelance
  • Emotion: Hopelessness scroll now has icon
  • Blood Rage had an extraneous effect that would kill the target
  • Alicorn Lance now uses a nicer glow on the target
  • Static Charge's initial charge worked, but not its followup damage
  • Zone of Sweet Air should now clear the new cloud-based spells

Well, Beta 2 has a major facepalm bug--cure moderate wounds has incorrect references for its icons, so it'll crash the game if you try to memorize it. Expect Beta 3 soon.

And now that G3 is back, so is IWDification: Beta 3 is out, just to fix this.

Archived