Compatibility / Version for BGT + BP and so on ;-)

I knew Ronin was working on such compatibility. I saw the version 3 out now, are there any update on that?

Thanks for your great work guys, keep it up! :mad:

mm75

I can't help, I'm afraid: I don't currently know BGT well enough to have anything to do with the conversion myself.

I am still working on it, everytime I get close to a beta release DavidW releases a new version. :mad:

I am using version 3 now and will release a beta of it for BGT. I had version 2 installed on a mega install and it seemed to work with almost no bugs, there are just a couple of components I need people to test for me. I already talked to DavidW about it and will release it at SHS Bgt forum to keep it as separate as possible with the TuTu version so we dont have confusion about which version is which.

ronin

Ascension64 has made an automatic BG1/Tutu/BGT converter and it seems that SCS can run on BGT-WeiDU using this tool. More infos here

Well, ronin is working on this as there are a few small issues with modification of Tutu .SPL files involved in item shattering that don't exist in BGT-WeiDU, and some other problems with the adjustment of HP when one starts a new BG game. A third things was with two BCS blocks not appearing in BGT-WEiDU when REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK is being used. I'm sure ronin can tell you of other problems as well. All I know is that the three above issues, when solved, allows a flawless installation on BGT-WeiDU. This means that there were no errors encountered during installation, and does not mean that there will be no bugs in the game.

Well, ronin is working on this as there are a few small issues with modification of Tutu .SPL files involved in item shattering that don't exist in BGT-WeiDU, and some other problems with the adjustment of HP when one starts a new BG game. A third things was with two BCS blocks not appearing in BGT-WEiDU when REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK is being used. I'm sure ronin can tell you of other problems as well. All I know is that the three above issues, when solved, allows a flawless installation on BGT-WeiDU. This means that there were no errors encountered during installation, and does not mean that there will be no bugs in the game.

1. I have to create new .spl files for the item shattering then that component will work.

2. The two blocks in question are from genai/WTASIGHT.bcs and genai/wtarsgt.bcs:

[scsv1bgt/genai/WTASIGHT.bcs] loaded, 675 bytes
[override/dw#wtasight.bcs] loaded, 82285 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [scsv1bgt/genai/WTASIGHT.bcs]
Copied [wtasight.bcs] to [override/wtasight.bcs]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[scsv1bgt/genai/wtarsgt.bcs] loaded, 1241 bytes
[override/dw#wtarsgt.bcs] loaded, 127763 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [scsv1bgt/genai/wtarsgt.bcs]
Copied [wtarsgt.bcs] to [override/wtarsgt.bcs]

I am still working on the fix for them and have left them in the game for the time being.

3. I had no problems during my testing with HP problems when starting a new game but I will investigate this issue further.

ronin

2. The two blocks in question are from genai/WTASIGHT.bcs and genai/wtarsgt.bcs:

[scsv1bgt/genai/WTASIGHT.bcs] loaded, 675 bytes
[override/dw#wtasight.bcs] loaded, 82285 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [scsv1bgt/genai/WTASIGHT.bcs]
Copied [wtasight.bcs] to [override/wtasight.bcs]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[scsv1bgt/genai/wtarsgt.bcs] loaded, 1241 bytes
[override/dw#wtarsgt.bcs] loaded, 127763 bytes
WARNING: cannot find block matching [scsv1bgt/genai/wtarsgt.bcs]
Copied [wtarsgt.bcs] to [override/wtarsgt.bcs]

I am still working on the fix for them and have left them in the game for the time being.

I may be able to help you with this. Try replacing scsv1bgt/genai/wtasight.bcs with the copy of wtasight.bcs used in a standard BGT install (and ditto for wtarsgt). All SCS is doing is replacing the "standard" bit of the combat script with its own version. It's doing it this way so that if some other mod shoves stuff onto the top or bottom of wtasight, that other mod's stuff won't be lost.

For what it is worth, I have found it definitely worth taking a look at the decompiled EasyTutu BCS materials vs the same/equivalent ones in BGT (WinDiff, anyoune :))- the differences are useful at teasing out whether a particualr patch or secion is going to do what you wanted it to do or whether it is even needed. Folks on both sides of the aisle have definitely put alot of work into tweaking things to make them do what they are supposed to!

I'm pleased to see more exposure for SCS, but I really think that the ever-growing number of people who seem to be working on converting mods from Tutu to BGT to Tutu to Quake 4 should consider grabbing a converted BGT worldmap and have a go at this "merger" everyone's raving about. It honestly, honestly shouldn't be that much work--unfortunately the earliest I see myself returning to a significant amount of IE modding is a good few weeks from now--but I can certainly explain what needs doing.

I'm pleased to see more exposure for SCS, but I really think that the ever-growing number of people who seem to be working on converting mods from Tutu to BGT to Tutu to Quake 4 should consider grabbing a converted BGT worldmap and have a go at this "merger" everyone's raving about. It honestly, honestly shouldn't be that much work--unfortunately the earliest I see myself returning to a significant amount of IE modding is a good few weeks from now--but I can certainly explain what needs doing.

I would like to see a merger also, but my coding skills leave alot to be desired. It would save alot of conversion mods.

ronin

Sign me up as a grunt worker/send me stuff to do/research. I am a strictly Tutu player, but have studied BGT code for the latest combined-installer version of BG1 NPC. I support any attempt to allow mods to be used by the widest possible audience. So far, I am assisting on BG1 NPC and assume I will be helping move that mod from Tutu -> Tutu/BGT -> Merger; I am helping Azazello et al work on a rebuild of Blucher's L1 NPCs; I also have a standing priority for both you and CamDawg re: fixing the Walking Speeds component of either Tutufix or BG2 Fix Pack to work correctly with Tutu. Until I run out of time, I am willing to work on it.

I'm not aware of any reason that Tutu mods should need alteration. (This is where the converter comes in useful--any remaining BGT mods can be converted to the Tutu naming convention. Are there even any?)

I can't fix the fucking walking speeds grrarHRRGH"#&

I'm not aware of any reason that Tutu mods should need alteration. (This is where the converter comes in useful--any remaining BGT mods can be converted to the Tutu naming convention. Are there even any?)

I can't fix the fucking walking speeds grrarHRRGH"#&

Wouldnt mods like divine remix, sword and fist, song and silence and numerous others have problems with the tutu naming convention if everything were based on that? I love starting a bg1 game with a monk or hexblade from sword and fist.

BGT mods that would need conversion are: DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH unless they already work with TuTu. Ereusbant has put alot of work on a modified worldmap in the BP workroom at SHS (if you have access you can see what he's done.)

ronin

Archived