Difficulty Installing

So, I'm trying to install the current (v.30) version of SCS and I'm having difficulties. I'm using the original, not the enhanced edition of BG2 (and ToB), on a Windows 10 computer, I have Ascension and the Fix Pack installed, but when I try and install SSC I get the following error message: TobEx EXE patch: Target bytes don't match, aborting... when it's trying to install the initialise mod component.

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be, and what to do about it?

Thanks in advance.

So, I'm trying to install the current (v.30) version of SCS and I'm having difficulties. I'm using the original, not the enhanced edition of BG2 (and ToB), on a Windows 10 computer, I have Ascension and the Fix Pack installed, but when I try and install SSC I get the following error message: TobEx EXE patch: Target bytes don't match, aborting... when it's trying to install the initialise mod component.

Have you patched your game to be exactyly v2.5.26498 ? It's displayed in the game options screen. And next time, try to learn spelling. SSC urgh... Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Trying to install SCS on new download of BG2 but keep getting these install error, failing to initialize AI, all other components require this or something like that. I have tried everything I have seen online, including BWS but nothing seems to work. Is there anyway to get SCS to work on the new version of BG2?

Thanks in advance.

I thought BG2 originale was impossible to install on windows 10 ???

I thought BG2 originale was impossible to install on windows 10 ???

It's not. You have been lied to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Strait onto your face, never trust that person ever again. :D

Just install onto your profile file folder on the C drive, or don't use the C drive to install it to, aka use a hard drive that's not the Operation System drive.

This will fix the not able to patch the game/update the game, as they need to overwrite files which is impossible on the OS drive in any other folder than the users profiles folder: C:\Users\<windows10loginname>\Subfolder name preferably Games or whatever you want to use\

Trying to install SCS on new download of BG2 but keep getting these install error, failing to initialize AI, all other components require this or something like that. I have tried everything I have seen online,

You have not. You have not done the default thing that is recomended by the mod author... aka contact the SCS forum and submit an error report that has all the info in the debuglog's ... perhaps because you have seen another post like yours and tried to take the advice there, but had no success cause your individual install was differtent. Edited by Jarno Mikkola