Weird issue installing mods for EET

Okay so installed the EET core component successfully. At this point im supposed to install the other mods i want to use, then run setup-EET_end.exe right?

I downloaded EET fixes and tweaks, put them in my BG 2 folder, tried to run the installers...and then the command prompt window just closes on its own. I checked the debug files, but there are no error messages at all.

Even weirder, the setup files for EET fixes and tweaks deletes themselves after a while. I have no idea why...they just dissapear from my hard drive. I have microsoft security essentials installed but i have the realtime protection mode turned off.

For example this is the fixpack debug file : WeiDU v 24400 Log

D:\Baldur s Gate II Enhanced Edition v2 5\setup-EET_Fix.exe
version = 24600
version = 24600
Newest WeiDU is version 24600, updating!
WeiDU files in version order:
[setup-EET_gui.exe] version 24600
[setup-EET_end.exe] version 24600
[setup-EET.exe] version 24600
[setup-EET_Fix.exe] version 24400
[setup-EET_gui.exe] loaded, 975360 bytes
Copying [setup-EET_gui.exe] -> [setup-EET_Fix.exe]: false

At this point the setup file closes by itself and after a while, the setup file dissapears from my hard drive with no explanation.

Whats going on?

Whats going on?

One of your weidu.exe's is "out of date", aka it's version is different than the others.

Easiest way to fix this is to delete the "setup-EET_Fix.exe", copy one of the other .exe's and rename it as the "setup-EET_Fix.exe" file, and then do the .. what ever you wanted to do. It's called manual update.

Now ofcourse, I can't say what's causing the files to disappear... probably the antivirus just removing files on it's own.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Uh...but setup-EET_Fix.exe is the mod itself. The other .exes listed are for EET i think, not the mod...

It's not, that file is just the weidu.exe renamed as setup-modname.exe to take orders from setup-modname.tp2 file, when you replace the "EET_Fix" with "modname", just like I said in the other thread about building weidu mods. The code the mod uses is actually in the .tp2 file. Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Oh thanks, that worked.

I tried out big world setup since the readme says its recommended for mod installation...but im having a lot of problems with it. During the installation process, it keeps skipping some mods and it refused to install strategems. Now its complaining that a mod called "item patcher" is not present but refuses to let me skip the mod so i cant proceed installing the rest. Im not sure what mod this is because big world setup doesnt tell me where the download page is or anything.

Sigh...i had to start over trying to install all the mods again. Now BWS is complaining that :

The extraction of the following mod(s) failed:
EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) Tweaks: The Mod itself (EET_Tweaks-latest.zip)

Some files were not extracted. Do you want the BWS to run an integrity test on
those files first, provide the files yourself (see remarks) or just continue?
Enter [t]est, [p]rovide or [c]ontinue.

Just...why is this so insanely buggy...ive spent hours trying to install mods for my EET setup now...

This is driving me crazy. How am i supposed to proceed now? The whole folder is a total mess. I cant even find the backup that BWS allegedly made before installing the mods.

Edited by Question

I cant even find the backup that BWS allegedly made before installing the mods.

You aren't supposed to use that manually, but when you have done an install and want to revert to a vanilla state, via starting the *plahplahplah*.vbs and starting the revertion process..