SR V4 Beta 15

kreso,

locally I fixed the lack of headers for the Inquisitor's Dispel Magic (SPCL231.SPL) for levels lower than 6.

It is just for the benefit of BGT/EET players, I guess... Would you mind fixing this on your side too?

How do they get messed up in the first place?

kreso, locally I fixed the lack of headers for the Inquisitor's Dispel Magic (SPCL231.SPL) for levels lower than 6.

It is just for the benefit of BGT/EET players, I guess... Would you mind fixing this on your side too?

BG2 is not just BG1 +, it's BG1+&- to save space etc.

Edit: Any plans to make some of lvl 8 arcane spells more appealing? During my solo sorc playthrough, i struggled to choose my lvl 8 spells. Adhw, simulacrum and spell trigger are the only ones which I felt feasible for sorc. I wanted another dmg spell but Incendary cloud was too weak in terms of dmg. Bigby hand was also too weak, it made 13 cold dmg to target first round and gone at second round. Fiend spell was unreliable and i didnt want another summon. If i dont take the meteor swarm as lvl 9 spell, only damaging feasible dmg spell is adhw which wont work on undead.

You're usually better off writing a new post, if you edit what you wrote before chances are nobody will see it in a while.

As per mage level 8 - I don't see what's wrong with them.

Trigger/Mind Blank/ADHW/Inc.Cloud/MoP (all saves automatic)/PW:Blind (take a fighter out of comission virtually instantly, no save, casting time = 1) etc.

They're all powerful spells.

p.s.

There are other spells that do work on undead; they're all vulnerable to fire. And level 7 Delayed Blast Fireball can hurt even liches. Having a single level 8 spell dedicated to anti-undead measures is a bit drastic, no? If you really want it you've got Inc.cloud which should melt them quickly. The thing with Inc.cloud is that it's supposed to be a spell which you can combo with movement-imparing spells such as Slow and similar. Or make a fighter fire-immune (either via spell or items/potions) and simply stay in the cloud tanking the horde, you'll suffre no ill effects from it. If the damage seems low, cast another one - they stack.

Additionaly, there's one more no-brainer pick level 8 spell - Pierce Shield.

Edited by kreso

kreso,

locally I fixed the lack of headers for the Inquisitor's Dispel Magic (SPCL231.SPL) for levels lower than 6.

The spell originally is cast only by BG2 characters that start at a higher level.

There are other spells that do work on undead; they're all vulnerable to fire. And level 7 Delayed Blast Fireball can hurt even liches. Having a single level 8 spell dedicated to anti-undead measures is a bit drastic, no? If you really want it you've got Inc.cloud which should melt them quickly. The thing with Inc.cloud is that it's supposed to be a spell which you can combo with movement-imparing spells such as Slow and similar. Or make a fighter fire-immune (either via spell or items/potions) and simply stay in the cloud tanking the horde, you'll suffre no ill effects from it. If the damage seems low, cast another one - they stack.

Additionaly, there's one more no-brainer pick level 8 spell - Pierce Shield.

ty. I will try those.

I'm currently doing a test run of this.

Bugs found:

- PW:Stun I managed to mess up I think :rolleyes:. This spell's no-save 6 second stun effect should be nerfed a bit (same as PW:Kill, save vs spells) but I busted it. Will fix.

- Mind Blank fails to include all stun sources, most namely the Master Brain's Whip.

- Zone of Sweet air doesn't disperse insects, but I'm actually fine with it. Gust of Wind does.

- description of HLA component and HLAs is messed up 50% of time :D. That's what I call Weidu mastery.

- on EE installs, while all works fine, there's one thing that bugs me greatly....but the damn forum won't allow me to upload the image.

Here's what happens.

As you can see, the message says :"Unaffected by effects from................"

This is because spell name gets nulled by Deflection code. I'll see what I can do to work around this. It's just cosmetic however.

Edited by kreso

One more, Imp.haste seems to dispel itself when cast. Lol....

More:

- Creeping doom has wrong targeting

- fireshields don't seem to block insects

Edited by kreso

As someone mentioned Simulacrum, let me make a suggestion:

One of the things that always kind of bugs me with PI/Simulacrum, is that you really have to use it before casting other spells; what use is a cloned spellcaster with no spells memorized? In my own spell tweaks in Tome & Blood, I added an opcode 316 "magical rest" effect to the clone, so that no matter what you have already cast, even if you have nothing else memorized and Simulacrum is the last spell you cast, your clone will have a full complement of spells. It just takes some of the annoying micromanaging out of the spell.

I hope so. Given I work at school at now it's holidays, I was swamped in paperwork stuff - hopefully next week I'll get to it. I did play a test-run up to Odamaron in ToB, found I few issues which I've fixed, and I'll see if I can get to tweak some more stuff. Only for EEs, however.

I hope so. Given I work at school at now it's holidays, I was swamped in paperwork stuff - hopefully next week I'll get to it. I did play a test-run up to Odamaron in ToB, found I few issues which I've fixed, and I'll see if I can get to tweak some more stuff. Only for EEs, however.

I don't mind further developments will only apply to EE (which I doubt I am going to play, at this point).

I only hope that SR and IR will be as stable as they can be in the current incarnation also for the original games.

The spin203.spl issue is on line 2924 of /spell_rev/lib/kreso_eestatSR.tph:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~spin105.spl~ THEN BEGIN  // innate bhalpower
COPY_EXISTING ~spin203.spl~ ~override~   
LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECT

It should COPY spin105, not spin203.

Thanks doc, that did it. :goodwork: