Solo sorcerer weakened?

Folas

Hello,

normally this great mod is a must have for me.

However, I plan to do a solo sorcerer(maybe mage/cleric) with several tactics mods and it seems like this mod would severly weaken the potential of such a character, mainly by nerfing the most important mage items.

Am I right with that assumption or does it even out?

€: Maybe I´ve looked at casting speed a little to much though. The max bonus possbile seems to be +3 while in vanilla you could get +5...? Is that even very important?

The "remove magic from enemies in 30 feet" from staff of the magi seems powerful indeed. Anybody know at what level it is cast? Or ist it automatically succesful?

I'm not sure myself, other players with more playtesting can probably answer this question better than me.

One thing is sure, if you are the kind of player who likes to exploit vanilla's Vecna with Improved Alacrity or abuse Staff of the Magi infinite invisibility then yes, within IR your sorcerer is severely weakened. Else, if you consider yourself a "roleplayer" and play a little bit more fair, I think IR provides enough great items for pretty much any combination of class.

If you need a bunch of tips I think the Amulet of Metaspell is the perfect amulet for a sorcerer as it allows you to not "waste" a pick on Vocalize while also getting increased casting speed. IR's scrolls/potions also offers plenty of utility for a lonely sorcerer imo (e.g. you even get to protect from or cure level drain).

If you pick a mage/cleric instead you'll surely love IR's Amulet of Power. ;)

Just my 2 cents

Hmm no abusing such things seems boring.

I guess I´ll stick with your mod and see how powerful I become ;)

And where would I get those potiosn that protect against level drain? I haven´t seen any in my current playthrough

// Then again, I haven´t seen most of the new potions in the item index and using protection from undead crashes my game so that must be an issue with my mega mod installation. Planning to do a new install anyway.

Sorry I do meant ProUndead scroll and Potion of Restoration. Potion of Vocalize and Potion of Memory in particular are of great value too I guess.

Are you using the latest version of the mod and hotfixes? Because I do remember some issue with ProUndead scroll (a targeting error I think) but it was like ages ago and we fixed it...

Good to know that it will be fixed in a new installation, my current one is from may 2012, so "ages ago" seems fitting. :) Well, it´s a long way from Candlekeep to the Throne of Bhaal, but I´m almost there and can´t wait to start anew.

The log says ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V3 Beta 1.6

The log says ~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V3 Beta 1.6
You have the latest version then. I just checked in-game and the scroll works fine. It must be a compatibility issue with something else in your mega mod install. If you can run a changelog it would be helpful to track it down.

On a side note, if you still have to start your game you might want to know that a new version of IR should be out anytime soon. Arda is busy again to help fixing the huge amount of bugs and issues of BG2EE, but I still hope he manages to find a moment for us. :(

On a side note, if you still have to start your game you might want to know that a new version of IR should be out anytime soon. Arda is busy again to help fixing the huge amount of bugs and issues of BG2EE, but I still hope he manages to find a moment for us. :(

I guess Mike1072 is also not available?

I guess Mike1072 is also not available?
He is, but each of us has his role. Still, Arda had pretty much finished before having to go back on BG2EE stuff (afaik he only needed to re-check the critical hit component for +1 AC on helmets), thus I'm still confident it won't take much.

Edit: Mike posted while I was writing. :D

P.S

Well I recently arrived in Amkethran in my current installation so I still have some hours of gameplay ahead of me anyway. Maybe I´ll be lucky and the new version is out when I finish. :)
Cross fingers. ;)

I'm here. We just handle different tasks.

(Arda basically recoded everything for v3 so I'm letting him maintain that stuff.)

Are you in charge of incorporating 1PPv4 into IR v4, Mike? In that case, is this task finished? What's been left out? And also, what about BGT compatibility? Is this also one of your tasks?

We do like to go off topic here eh? :D

I'm here. We just handle different tasks.

(Arda basically recoded everything for v3 so I'm letting him maintain that stuff.)

Are you in charge of incorporating 1PPv4 into IR v4, Mike? In that case, is this task finished? What's been left out? And also, what about BGT compatibility? Is this also one of your tasks?
When it comes to 1PP I and Mike sort of share the task, with me actually using 1PP stuff for items and Mike supervising things just in case I screw up something and checking for compatibility issues. As I anticipated I used all new 1PP shield animations (thus adding BG1 style medium and large shields, but also all the re-worked BG2 style stuff - IR now uses almost all types of shields animations). I looked into the new helmet animations but unlike shields I did not see any real improvement over what we already had within IR (though having circlet animations is cool), and I currently did not updated paperdolls simply because I heard about issues such as flickering and missing frames, but if I'm wrong and they are now in a perfect state this part of 1PP takes 2 seconds to incorporate (unlike the other stuff which required a lot of time, not just copy/paste). Last but not least, I do used quite a few of the new bams for items (e.g. Serpent Staff, Wave Halberd, etc.).

BGT compatibility is not really my realm instead, I'll leave Mike to comment, though I do remember him asking to do something about it, and I think we handled it ages ago (note that most stuff for IR was done several months ago, and pretty much all the delay has been caused either by real life issues or BGEE releases).

Mellissan is dead and I´m itching to go solo- so regarding the new version, is it anywhere near or should I squeeze in another playthrough with this version?

Also since this topic is way OT anyway, is v4 of spell revisions something that´s on the near or on the far horizon? The supposed changes make my mouth water. :D

Mellissan is dead and I´m itching to go solo- so regarding the new version, is it anywhere near?
For once I was managing to keep my mouth shut...what can I say, it's indeed near, even more than I thought. ;)

Also since this topic is way OT anyway, is v4 of spell revisions something that´s on the near or on the far horizon? The supposed changes make my mouth water. :D
Not nearly as near as IRv4, the last week I said I expected it to take 2 more weeks, and I think I can still meet that goal and finish all my stuff within 6-7 days. Adding to that all the packaging stuff, Arda's parts, etc. I'd dare to say that for the 14th or 15th of December we may have it ready.

Archived