Ilmater priests in Slums and Promenade

Ardanis

There's a temple of Ilmater in Waukeen's Promenade and one in Slums. Both of them contain SLILMAT.CRE priest (he spawns Habib too), with SLILMAT dialog, which offers access to SLILMAT.STO, thus sharing it between two people. And there is WILMAT.CRE (no Habib), with WILMAT dialog and store, nowhere to be found ingame. While it may seem more consistent to fix the WP's temple, I think most of people prefer go exactly there, not over roofs somewhere in Slums, to meet Habib.

COPY_EXISTING ~ar0408.are~ ~override~ // change to 'ar0703' for more consistency and less fun
 CLEAR_ARRAY actor GET_OFFSET_ARRAY actor 0x54 4 0x58 2 0 0 0x110
PHP_EACH actor AS ind => res BEGIN
  READ_ASCII res+0x80 actor (8) NULL
  PATCH_IF ~%actor%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~slilmat~ BEGIN
	WRITE_ASCII res+0x80 ~wilmat~ (8)
	WRITE_LONG res+0x30 0x6010 // cleric female human
  END
END
BUT_ONLY

Nice, thank you. We should definitely have this.

<<<<<<<<bg2fixpack/inlined/is/love/aemerch_fix.d
REPLACE_TRANS_ACTION aemerch BEGIN 8 END BEGIN 0 END 
 ~StartStore("ppstor01",LastTalkedToBy())~   
 ~StartStore("cdaemerc",LastTalkedToBy(Myself))~	
>>>>>>>>  
COMPILE ~bg2fixpack/inlined/is/love/aemerch_fix.d~  
COPY_EXISTING ppstor01.sto ~override/cdaemerc.sto~

We're already changing the Waukeen's Promenade version to wilmat.cre (and the associated dialogue as well).
Shame upon me, I was certain I did check FP's installer before posting it.

Name's CDAEMERC then? Thanks for reminding, I totally forgot about this guy. Damn, and to think I was saying to myself 'excellent, now I've restocked all stores available' several days ago...

PS Still, WILMAT dialog fix only relates to Yoshimo's heart, not Habib. Are you sure it shouldn't?

COPY_EXISTING slilmat.bcs ~override/wilmat.bcs~

COPY_EXISTING wilmat.cre override
 WRITE_ASCII 0x250 wilmat (8)

APPEND wilmat

IF WEIGHT #0 ~Global("SpawnHabib","GLOBAL",8)~ THEN BEGIN habib1 SAY #59845 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #59846 DO ~SetGlobal("SpawnHabib","GLOBAL",9)~ GOTO habib2
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN habib2 SAY #59847 
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #59848  GOTO habib3
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #59849  GOTO habib3
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY #59850  GOTO habib3
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN habib3 SAY #59851 
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

END

Name's CDAEMERC then?
Not until the mirage-like prospect of v9 comes to fruition. No holding breath :)

PS Still, WILMAT dialog fix only relates to Yoshimo's heart, not Habib. Are you sure it shouldn't?
Yup. The West Ilmaterites are good, the dialogue already points to the matching store.

/edit

Ah, but you were asking if Habib needs adding to this temple as well. That I'm less sure about; there's none of the unreferenced UnwelcomeIlmater junk in wilmat either.

I also reduce his markup a bit (hey, he says it's a discount), but I guess that would be impure.
I was kinda wondering about that, 155 is a pretty standard sell markup (vs Bernard's 100, say). But then again, who believes advertising copy when it tells you about a special low price?
I was kinda wondering about that, 155 is a pretty standard sell markup (vs Bernard's 100, say). But then again, who believes advertising copy when it tells you about a special low price?
Yeah, I was copying it straight for years, but my recent review, I thought about it and decided to knock it down to 145.

But it's not like anybody actually buys anything from this tool anyway.

Necroposting(hi!).

Here's what I'm not sure about(from this topic here):

1. Vanilla game: both Ilmater priest in the Promenade and Ilmater's priest in the Slums have Yoshimo's heart dialogue. UB adds to it.

2. Fixpack: Ilmater's priest in the Promenade changes, Yoshimo's heart dialogue disappears.

3. Fixpack adds dialogue to Ilmater's priest, but it's _mod dialogue_ that other mods don't see, especially if they installed UB before Fixpack(see my previous topic on the point). UB cannot add to it.

4. Now UB users don't get extra Yoshimo's heart dialogue when they go to Ilmater's priest in the Promenade.

5. ???

6. No profit.

So. I'm not sure it's a good idea and I think it might need a better solution. Just glaring and muttering darkly saying.

1. Vanilla game: both Ilmater priest in the Promenade and Ilmater's priest in the Slums have Yoshimo's heart dialogue. UB adds to it.
WILMAT doesn't have the heart dialog, and is not used at all in-game.

3. Fixpack adds dialogue to Ilmater's priest, but it's _mod dialogue_ that other mods don't see, especially if they installed UB before Fixpack(see my previous topic on the point). UB cannot add to it.
This is a direct violation of the recommended installation order, so while we certainly should try and account for such a possibility, I don't think that's a solid reason to veto something.

That said, I do recall my earlier doubts expressed here above, and would point out that we may sometimes want to keep the broken behavior in order to avoid extra butthurt. Although not in this case, as it's probably too late.

PS In the meantime, I'd learn STATE_WHICH_SAYS too. Doesn't hurt imo.

Just in case a normal person, not a modder, ever reads this, I'll point out that Wilmat was cut by the original developers, they used two Slilmats instead. Fixpack sorta went all Unfinished Business there... which caused a conflict with Unfnished business.

(sigh) Anyway, I'll see if I can fix that for UB.

And one of the phrases in the very first post is "This makes sense also because the priestess talks of taking care of the local children, two of which are in the temple." Story reasons. Subjective story reasons, at that. Misogynous story reasons, at *that*. I'm not sure if that's what fixpack should be about.

If you allow me to be frank(and I will be anyway), it sounds like Smoketest pushed, and you sort of agreed.

I certainly agree that it's a good idea to fix a replicated store, though. Anyway, I've added relevant code to UB and will test it as soon as my eyes stop hurting from re-reading Bodhi's scripts. Damn.

And one of the phrases in the very first post is "This makes sense also because the priestess talks of taking care of the local children, two of which are in the temple." Story reasons. Subjective story reasons, at that. Misogynous story reasons, at *that*. I'm not sure if that's what fixpack should be about.

One of the children in the WP temple (wilkid02) mention being taken care of by Sister Venenna. SLILMAT is male; WILMAT is female.

Archived