Boomerang dagger vs Fire Tooth

Jab

Hello!

I would like to ask, why did you change the 2d4 damage of Firetooth to 1d4 and left the original 2d4 damage of the Boomerang dagger?

Moreover if I may ask - can you please change accordingly "BG2 Fixpack Documentation: Optional But Cool" documentation (Mixed-Use Dagger Fixes)? Sadly there is nothing about these changes (though you have it in the setup tp2 file).

Far as I can tell, it was from a conversation six years ago: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?s...ire+tooth\

Based on this thread, they both should have 2d4 base damage. As for the reason why, I guess they thought it was too powerful as 2d4 + 3 + 1d2 fire damage with 2 attacks per round. Admittedly, that is pretty sweet, but the lack of a strength bonus to the damage kind of makes them less attractive and makes throwing axes far superior.

Sorry, I don't understand. I asked why one dagger (Boomerang dagger) is 2d4 and Firetooth is just 1d4. Moreover I asked, why this change is not in the documentation. What you wrote is no explanation at all.

Well, but I don't care about the reason for the change. My problem is, that it is not in the documentation and it changed damage of fire tooth and not bumerang dagger. :laugh: That means the change is not "complete". In a way now it is worse than before, because it's just chaotic.

I guess it might work if I rephrase: "1) Please, change the damage on the other dagger in the next version, so that it's consistent(I'm for 2d4, by the way); 2) Please, mention it in the documents, too".

Archived