Cannot trigger Edwin's quest to kill Vichand in SOD

Im trying to figure out why Edwin is not asking me to kill Vichand. He's already told me how he ran away from Dragonspear...which sets bd_edwin_talk to 3. I tried standing infront of Vichand, but Edwin has zero reaction to his prescence.

I tried looking into his script file (BDEDWIN.BCS) and found this :

IF
Global("bd_edwin_talk","global",3)
Global("bd_vichand_talk","bd2000",1)
Global("BD_DIE_VICHAND","LOCALS",0)
!Dead("bdvichan") // Vichand
IfValidForPartyDialogue(Myself)
!TriggerOverride("bdvichan",Range([PC],30))
!ActuallyInCombat()
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
END

However I cannot find either bd_vichand_talk or BD_DIE_VICHAND in my save file. I set them to 1 and 0 respectively via the console ingame to see what would happen, and nothing happened. I tried talking to Edwin manually, and he said "He was right there!" and I get the option to respond with "lets kill him now", which makes Vichand hostile.

But this obviously makes no sense and im definately missing something.

How do I trigger the dialogue where Edwin gives me the quest to kill Vichand? What am I missing?

Edit : Looking through the dialog.tlk file, it looks like Edwin is supposed to comment on the spellstone with string reference 240057 :

Familiar magic. This is the hoard of that treacherous swine, Vichand! (Vengeance is at hand...)

But it never triggered for me...infact, Edwin says absolutely nothing at all for the whole spellstone quest.

Heres a save file if you want to look at variables : http://www.mediafire.com/file/n8w5dk8kc9g5rnj/000000000-%28Nadeshiko%29_Auto-Save.rar/file

Edited by Question

Global("bd_vichand_talk","bd2000",1) will be set in the first dialogue with Vichand (starting with ~What is this—?~).

Then you need to go away from him with Edwin in the group. (This:

!TriggerOverride("bdvichan",Range([PC],30))

Means that the PC and Vichand need to be at least "30" length apart from each other for this dialogue to trigger.)

And it probably only happens in bd2000.are (Boareskyr Bridge & Bridgefort). Your current save is in bd7100.are.

Edited by jastey
Global("bd_vichand_talk","bd2000",1) will be set in the first dialogue with Vichand (starting with ~What is this—?~).

But when I talk to him, I only get the option to ask about the crusade plans...and Edwin has zero reaction to that. Whats the requirement to get the "What is this" line?

If you load the save and go to the bridge, you can see that Edwin has zero reaction to Vichand.

Edited by Question

The trigger for this dialogue are:

GlobalLT("bd_plot","global",240)
GlobalLT("bd_enlightment","locals",3)
Global("bd_vichand_talk","bd2000",0)

It should also be the first dialogue if you talk to him directly.

He gives another talk in case of "Allegiance(Myself,REALLYCHARMED) GlobalLT("bd_plot","global",240)": ~How may I assist you?~

Btw, my motivation to spend my free time going through game ressources for you decreases with every answered question I don't get something like a "thank you" back as some sort of emotional compensation. Just a hint.

Guest OverDrone

As jastey didn't answer actual question insteal posting couple of useless posts "I can use IE" (btw need thanks - post working solution), I'll post my case.

I'm not sure what's wrong, probably I've messed something with manual editing of scripts, or a result of incompatible mods, but in my case here what was wrong and how I fixed it:

BDVICHAN.dlg:
first interaction "How may I assist you?" had condition:
  Allegiance(Myself,ANYONE)
GlobalLT("bd_plot","global",240)
And it was always happening and preventing second interaction "What is this -?".
I just added False() to first interaction condition (no need to erase existing condition, just add new line, all conditions use "AND" logic) and then second one successfully triggered. After talk you need to move away a bit and edwin will trigger his dialog requesting the kill.

I didn't thoroughly tested it, but it seems with this patch you would still be able to obtain scroll and feather from that guy. I patched after I already got the croll and the feather and was lazy to finish whole 9 chapter from start. Also I'm not sure what happens if you speak with him first time without Edwin. Probably smb else post additional research info

Sorry for necro, but I was able to resolve the quest and get the reward without resorting to editing, here's the sequence of events, assuming the Crusader Camp is peaceful. Invite Edwin to the party, let him get his reputation-related banter out if he has to. Force talk (F1) him, he tells you about his "woes". Do the Bridgefort stuff normally, let Edwin tell you to get the scroll for the siege rock (not sure if it matters). Talk to Vichand, he'll give you the scroll (and also Neera item if you have her). Solve the siege rock quest, letting Edwin cast the scroll (again, no idea how relevant this is). At night, go to the crusader camp and try to open Vichand's cart, you'll get an Edwin interjection (don't talk to the guard afterwards, every option will end with a needless fight). Rest till day, force attack (F2) and kill Vichand. Rest, Edwin will give you the robe. Possibly you can just force attack Vichond whenever, but this sequence gets you all the peaceful dialogues possible (as far as I know), except for the bugged one.