Happy 8th of March: Romantic Options for Ladies!

Domi

Heh, I never knew just how many ironies a male drow presents until I wrote Rizdaer. It's mind-boggling, actually. Parts of his drow-ishness might actually surprise people, I think.

Oh, and I figured this belonged in this thread. The covered-up name in the little flirt on this screenshot (between the two Archon's lines) in the teaser thread is Jaemal.

http://members.shaw.ca/domi/IWD2NPC_Screen7.jpg

hah. I really need to play this game again soon~

And what do you mean by irony in drow?

Yay, me too... :love: I don't even remember a part with a lake o' lava and its lich-boatman...

This mod sure looks yummy, though... ??? Umm, are we there yet?? :)

and what do you mean by irony in drow?

I hope that people would catch it as they play the romance, but it has to do with what form the defiance takes, how strength is expressed etc. In the end I have to say that Rizdaer's romance was much more interesting than the initial 'if I put the male drow in, might as well make him romanceable' thing. Some of his attitudes I think are recognizable, some are perfectly alien.

and what do you mean by irony in drow?

I hope that people would catch it as they play the romance, but it has to do with what form the defiance takes, how strength is expressed etc. In the end I have to say that Rizdaer's romance was much more interesting than the initial 'if I put the male drow in, might as well make him romanceable' thing. Some of his attitudes I think are recognizable, some are perfectly alien.

I can't wait to play this!

And I never played IWD2. :) I'm buying it to how these NPCs will turn out in the end.

A male drow romance has so many possiblities that it makes my head spin -- should be different.

Thank you for making this!

Can't wait til' it's done. :love:

Romance 6 is with Diriel.

Diriel is looking for a woman of similar convictions, and let's just say (to avoid spoiling those who didn't play with Diriel and the elven female), is that the existing Kuldahar scene makes a talk in the romance, hence its consequences as well.

A Scene from Diriel's Romance (only one option is shown at every turn):

Diriel: You cause a peculiar anomaly in my perceptions, <CHARNAME>.

Lady: I assure you that it's entirely unintentional, whatever it might be.

Diriel: In your proximity I am convinced that you are sterling. However, I know from experience that there are elven females physically and aesthetically superior or endowed more generously than you are.

Lady: Impossible!

Heh, I actually think you are going to hate it :) Anyways, there is still plenty of work to do before you guys can judge for yourself how you feel about embarking on a sensually-dry Elven world domination magic mystery journey.

Diriel: You cause a peculiar anomaly in my perceptions, <CHARNAME>.

Lady: I assure you that it's entirely unintentional, whatever it might be.

Diriel: In your proximity I am convinced that you are sterling. However, I know from experience that there are elven females physically and aesthetically superior or endowed more generously than you are.

Lady: Impossible!

After the sweet and charming, dark and twisted we get a hilarious and masochistic romance! Yay! :)

A romance with the Very First Paladin, your rival on the battlefield for a few years, and the Prince That Needs Saving is next! Actually, no... Deathstakers have sort of 'as much as the scope allows' romances, though RE I think did both of them so they won't be as fresh.

Archived