Aerie, the PC, and tiefling love

Eyreequel

HD already has a love interest with Aerie, whether the PC romances her or not.  I think it would be interesting for this to still be in effect in the HD romance mod.

HD isn't commited to the PC yet, so it would be interesting to see his flirts with Aerie and his talks with you.  You'd be able to interrupt, and have Aerie interrupt you.  Depending on how you treat him, HD could choose either of you, or neither of you (since he eventually always breaks up with Aerie).  If he picks Aerie over you, you'd get to slap him.

Naturally, there would have to be a big scripted cat-fight scene.  And if HD does go for you, Aerie could be left pining for him, following the two of you around and moaning.  Eventually, you'd get the chance to bitch-slap her and tell her to act like a woman, not a whiny brat.  I'd play the mod all the way through just to get to that point.

Aerie approaches you, looking determined and very nervous at the same time.

Aerie: <CHARNAME>? I... There's something I need to speak to you about. You and... I mean, you've been spending a lot of time with Haer'Dalis, and I would like to know how you... if you...

PC: What do you mean, Aerie?

Aerie: Well... I... he obviously cares for you, but... but... he and I... well, I like him a lot too, and... and...

PC: I understand, Aerie. Well, if you don't mind sharing him, I won't either.

Aerie: No... that's not what I meant! I don't...

Haer'Dalis: Sharing? I must admit that I find that idea strangely appealing. Between the raven and the dove, this lucky sparrow would not know where to turn. Surrounded by love on all sides, immersed in bliss...

Aerie: What? How can you... I thought...

Haer'Dalis: There is one problem, though, my sweet birds of love. Although I would rather not admit it, I might not always be... capable... of satisfying both of you at the same time. Perhaps a simple scheme of rotation would work?

PC: Well, I don't think that's fair. I think the scheme should be based on performance, instead. What do you say, Aerie? Should we begin the testing a once, or should we wait until tonight?

Aerie: No, please don't... I don't want anything to do with... Leave me alone, both of you! I don't want to talk about this again, ever.

---

Er... or perhaps not  :D

Anyway, there will be a conflict, and there should be a few different ways to deal with it, so I'm happy for any suggestions.

JPS

Actually, if the PC is CN, that *exact* string should come up as a possibility.   :D   :D

On the other hand, if the PC has an INT of 17 or higher:

Aerie approaches you, looking determined and very nervous at the same time.

Aerie: <CHARNAME>? I... There's something I need to speak to you about. You and... I mean, you've been spending a lot of time with Haer'Dalis, and I would like to know how you... if you...

PC: What do you mean, Aerie?

Aerie: Well... I... he obviously cares for you, but... but... he and I... well, I like him a lot too, and... and...

PC: I understand, Aerie. And I think that's wonderful of you.

Aerie:  Thank you.  Wait... I mean... what do you mean?

PC:  I think it's wonderful that you can bow out of our lives so gracefully.  I thought you were going to come over here and tell me how you wanted me to break up with the love of my life so that you could indulge your own sense of entitlement.  I really thought that you had not yet accepted that your wings are forever lost to you, and that you might choose a short, flighty romance to help you cope, albeit temporarily, with such a devastating, life-altering loss.  I realize now that my fears were groundless.  You have put such petty feelings of maudlin self-pity behind you.  You understand how true and deep my love for Haer 'Dalis is, and how strongly he returns my affections.  It is such a kind, noble act of friendship on your part. It's just so thrilling that you are not only refusing to come between Haer 'Dalis and me, but to give us your blessing!  I'm just overwhelmed by the consideration that you have shown us.

Aerie:  Oh....well... That's not... I mean... Uhh...

PC:  What?  Did I misinterpret you?  Oh gods, did I just say too much?  I know how modest you are.  I hate to put you on the spot like this.  I must have completely embarrassed you.  I am so sorry.  I can't believe how stupid I was.  And you are being so nice to me!  Gods, I could just cry!  Stupid, stupid, stupid me!

Aerie:  No, no, <CHARNAME>!  Don't cry!  Don't do that.  Um...  You... understood me... um... perfectly.  I just wanted to wish you and *choke* Haer 'Dalis every *sob* possible *choke* happiness.  I would never *sniff* come between *choke* you two.  You are my best friend, <CHARNAME>.  I *sniff* have to *sob* remember that.

Aerie walks off to her sleeping mat, tears streaming down her face.  For the rest of the evening, the sounds of her weeping float to you from that side of the camp.  Your sleep is not disturbed though, as the sounds are eventually muffled when you curl up on your own pallet with your head pillowed on Haer 'Dalis's chest.  

heh.   :D

@Barren Fischa:

Well, we could have the PC and Aerie make a saving throw against... (no, I'm not serious . Don't worry, there's no way Aerie would agree to that...)

@MsKitty:

I would say that your suggestion is cruel, but somehow I don't feel i'm in a position to critisize.  :D

JPS

I am SO looking forward to this romance with HD! Especially any conflict with Aerie that might come about. I know she's had a hard time with her wings and yadda yadda yadda, but I really don't need to hear it! Again!

But on the subject, I had an idea for if Viconia was in the party. We all know her feelings on weak, pathetic men...

Viconia - "(CHARNAME) I feel I must protest your recent - shall we say 'attitude' - towards a certain member of our group. Why waste valuable time responding to his pathetic overtures when it is clear that if you want something, you should just take it? After all, he is only a male."

1.(CHARNAME) - "I do believe you are right, Viconia. Haer'Dalis! Front and center!"

2.(CHARNAME) - "And this is why you have no current partner, Viconia. Watch and learn."

Or something to that effect. :D

I am SO looking forward to this romance with HD! Especially any conflict with Aerie that might come about. I know she's had a hard time with her wings and yadda yadda yadda, but I really don't need to hear it! Again!

But on the subject, I had an idea for if Viconia was in the party. We all know her feelings on weak, pathetic men...

Viconia - "(CHARNAME) I feel I must protest your recent - shall we say 'attitude' - towards a certain member of our group. Why waste valuable time responding to his pathetic overtures when it is clear that if you want something, you should just take it? After all, he is only a male."

1.(CHARNAME) - "I do believe you are right, Viconia. Haer'Dalis! Front and center!"

2.(CHARNAME) - "And this is why you have no current partner, Viconia. Watch and learn."

Or something to that effect. :D

hehe ... :D ...

the watch and learn line cracked me up, dear ! you made my day .... :D ...

It just sounds like something that my PC (the way I like to play her) would say! Especially to someone like Viconia.

yeah well who doesnt feel the need to show viconia how the rabbit runs ? ... :D ahem ... okay sorry i think i have a sugar-high ...

but one question if you have a fight with aerie will there be some point where haer'dalis comments on you the two of interrupting their conversations with him or will it continue like nothing happened ?

and how will you handle whether the pc or aerie wins the argument that follows out of it ?

Personally, I think HD would love the fact that two chicks were fighting over him. But if Aerie does win the argument (not likely, the whiny little so and so) then I think the romance should continue with HD's next chat saying something like this:

HD - "My raven, a word if you please. It has me baffled that you would allow yourself to end anything but the victor in such a heated discussion as you have recently had. Try as I might, I cannot see the deeper purpose behind your actions - I shall continue to be awed by the depths of your mystery, my bird of the night."

Personally, I think HD would love the fact that two chicks were fighting over him. But if Aerie does win the argument (not likely, the whiny little so and so) then I think the romance should continue with HD's next chat saying something like this:

HD - "My raven, a word if you please. It has me baffled that you would allow yourself to end anything but the victor in such a heated discussion as you have recently had. Try as I might, I cannot see the deeper purpose behind your actions - I shall continue to be awed by the depths of your mystery, my bird of the night."

i also see him very amused by this fact and relishing it ... i almost can see him smiling ... hum ... i think the optional answers should be related to the intelligence and the wisdom as well as the charisma of the main char ... i have no idea of coding would this be doable ?

Archived