Gavin goes EE!

jastey

Gavin BG1 is updated to v13. Main fix is that the mod is installable on plain BG:EE (without SoD) now.

Also, added crossmod to Critter Parts mod - Gavin now has a *lot* more possibilities to freak out in the sight of spider bodies. :)

I appreciate your updating this mod to be compatible with a plain BG:EE install as I still prefer to play on my BG:EE v1.3 instillation. At least until further patches come out for the UI and such.

I look forward to seeing what interactions you have added for poor Gavin and the spider bodies. He and Kerick will at least find common ground in their aversion to these many legged beasts. :)

I only triggered an existing comment concerning spider bodies in the party's possession / in Gavin's possession for your mod's spider bodies itm as well, no new content. (As you might guess, he's not too fond of having one of those in his backpack... And in the game, so far it was only the one from the house in Beregost, I think.)

Glad to hear someone's playing the EE version! If you are at 1.3, it's possible some items won't have description BAMs but I guess that's not too much of a drawback.

Hello Jastey, first of all thanks for your work.

I remember asking you once in the past, but now it looks like some progresses have been made :) Anyway, with Gavin for BG2EE and EET compatibility, is it now possible to play with one continuous Gavin for the whole EET game? Or Gavin will be "reset" at the start of BG2EE?

Hello Jastey, first of all thanks for your work.

I remember asking you once in the past, but now it looks like some progresses have been made :) Anyway, with Gavin for BG2EE and EET compatibility, is it now possible to play with one continuous Gavin for the whole EET game? Or Gavin will be "reset" at the start of BG2EE?

Neither.

The BG2 incarnation of Gavin (level 8 Gavin) will spawn at his starting point for BG2

(The Illmater temple on top of the Copper Coronet).

However, the mod contains a mechanism by which you can indicate whether you knew Gavin already on the Sword Coast and what type of relationship you had. Based on your answers, Gavin will act accordingly when you meet again.

As Roxanne said, Gavin will be reset as he is originally in the BGII mod and you'll have to chose the correct reply options to set the status of the BG1 part.

Recoding this to a continuous version was more work than I was ready to spend, plus with basically noone volunteering for playtesting nowadays would remain rather buggy. The mod(s) were coded that way, it's a reminescent of the time the mods were written.

As Roxanne said, Gavin will be reset as he is originally in the BGII mod and you'll have to chose the correct reply options to set the status of the BG1 part.

Recoding this to a continuous version was more work than I was ready to spend, plus with basically noone volunteering for playtesting nowadays would remain rather buggy. The mod(s) were coded that way, it's a reminescent of the time the mods were written.

Gavin has the same problem you had with Ajantis, i.e. different DV's in the different parts.

However, it may be an idea to make that *ring conversation* silent in EET. Since it is one game you could replace the ar0602 script addon for the EET version by a script that reads the BG1 values and sets the BG2 values automatically as appropriate. This way you need a change in one place only and when Gavin joins, he has all the globals set without that dialogue *crutch*.

If it would be one dialogue and a couple oft variables, I would have. I started a continuous version. I stopped after 2 days full time of work. Have a look at the possibilities berelinde provides for what would have to be carried over from BG1. Consider that EET does not only have the continuous version, but that it can also be startend with a new game were all of these possibilities would have to trigger. Then remember that the mod is also compatible with Tutu, BGT, BGII, and BGII:EE.

It's too much work for the 5 players who will play it in EET. And, as I already stated above, all my recent calls for beta testers resulted in none volunteers, and there is no way a mod can be finished without playtesters.

If it would be one dialogue and a couple oft variables, I would have. I started a continuous version. I stopped after 2 days full time of work. Have a look at the possibilities berelinde provides for what would have to be carried over from BG1. Consider that EET does not only have the continuous version, but that it can also be startend with a new game were all of these possibilities would have to trigger. Then remember that the mod is also compatible with Tutu, BGT, BGII, and BGII:EE.

It's too much work for the 5 players who will play it in EET. And, as I already stated above, all my recent calls for beta testers resulted in none volunteers, and there is no way a mod can be finished without playtesters.

Valid arguments.

Given that background, it is probably better to just maintain one version. The improvement is just marginal and not worth the effort.

Archived