bg1re Bugthread

Please post any bugs or typos here. Make sure to specifiy the game you are playing (BG1, Tutu, BGT, BG:EE, or EET) and which version of the mod (Windows, Mac, Linux).
If possible, please post your WeiDU.log so I can see which other mods were installed.

Edited by jastey

Fresh install (steam) with only RE1 mod. I went through each and every component to see which ones causes game bootup issues

Prevents Game from Loading up.

1. Extension of Bjornin Encounter
  2. Duke Eltan's Spare Minute
  3. Bartus' Seduction (Just keeping consistency for list)
  4. The Messenger
  5. The Honest Lies of Two Riversides
  6. Necromancer's Trouble
  7. Dinner with Thalantyr
  8. The Messenger 2
  9. Camryn and Tamah
  10. Cloakwood Lovers

Game boots up with the rest.

PS. Sorry after getting the list and getting the game to boot up, I proceeded to do a full reinstall and after that I installed other mods as well.

Edited by Shaguar

I thought I would post an issue with 2.1 that seems is fixed in 2.3 (just did clean instal of BG) On character creation for 2.1 a spell is added to the druid list called 'Wisdom permanently raised 1 point' (description is per pro from evil spell) spell does not cast anything.

I narrowed it down to v2.1, regardless of other mods.

It might have been the first time I tried that version as I just did a new install BGEEv2.3 SoD Beamdog direct and my last version of RE was fine.

Anyway, point is V2.3 fixed the problem so no need to dig. Just thought I would mention it.

Thanks again for the great mod. :)

I'm having some trouble with the first night with Quentin component. I've installed the component, as far as I can tell, but Quentin doesn't seem to show up in the Friendly Arm.

I'm playing the Enhanced Edition, (without Siege of Dragonspear Installed) but I assume the current version is up to date enough that that shouldn't be an issue so I don't know what the problem is? Are there any mods that could have potentially overwritten the area file or something, like the mini quests and encounters mod?

Your PC has to be female and human, elf or half-elf for Quentin to show up in L1 Friendly Arm Inn. If this doesn't help you I'd need the content of your weidu.log and the bg1re.DEBUG (open with any text editor).

Of course there could be a mod that overwrites the area script but the mini quests and encounters mod (BGQE) doesn't overwrite files and doesn't add changes to FAI level 1.

Not really complaining, just something I keep forgetting to mention for years (yes, that long). It's about encounter with Left (witty male-witch). No matter the mods composition, game version or mod version one thing remains - during the second encounter if I choose to "stay and rest" dialog option, game freezes. Any other option is fine, so, since I am fine with them too it never truly bothered me. But since it looks like we have a spring house cleaning on forums, I am reporting one more bug :)

Version 2.5 is up. Changes are:

- "Eltan's Spare Time" (BGT, EET): Eltan no longer spawns twice in the Harbormaster's Building; Duke Eltan will be gone after Sarevok is dead (for BGT, unless Scar's return is still open)
- "Scar's Return": (BGT) Scar can also be met after Sarevok is dead, if the quest proceded until the point where Eltan told about the funeral before.
-"All that Left Was": resting at Left's at the second meeting no longer hangs the cutscene
-reworked legal note according to Wizards' Fan Content Policy.
-update to WeiDU v245 (Windows)