Crash on sleeping

Good day, so i'm on chapter 2 and when i entered the nashkel mines, every time i try to sleep the game crashes. It happened a single time on nashkel city but i tought it was a random issue but now it crashes every single time. I researched some forums that mentioned the bag of holding causing the issue, so i emptied the stash and tried to get rid of it (i can't sell it for some reason) but the problem persist.

I have installed EET with most of the green and blue mods. Thanks for the help.

Good day, so i'm on chapter 2 and when i entered the nashkel mines, every time i try to sleep the game crashes. It happened a single time on nashkel city but i tought it was a random issue but now it crashes every single time. I researched some forums that mentioned the bag of holding causing the issue, so i emptied the stash and tried to get rid of it (i can't sell it for some reason) but the problem persist.

I have installed EET with most of the green and blue mods. Thanks for the help.

You can drop the items on the ground and ruin away to another area, and they should disappear completely in some situations(it's time sensitive) ... you(the player) can't generally sell stores in shops, the stores are allowed, cause the game likes to do what it wants. Yes, the bag is actual an all free store in all the senses that matter.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

What NPC mods do you have installed? I'd be curious if an engine but encountered years ago with the bg1npc project concerning rest dialogues reappeared because the knowledge wasn't preserved (I'll have to look it up myself, too). Would you post the content of your weidu.log?

And what Jarno said, to check whether it is the bag of holding best get rid of it somewhere far away and try resting then. Even if it's only for checking, knowing whether the crash is caused by this helps, too.

Edited by jastey

I'll check the Weidu.log once i'm home.

Nope, let us do it for you, aka open the file, copy paste the content to a post(preferably in a spoilers tags), so people can read it and find out what's what, and it's easier when they know that this was indeed caused by the proclaimed faulty party.

"I didn't install NPC mods appart from the recommended setting" Yeah, those usually are honestly checked only that they install without errors, not if they completely work in every incarnation and party compilation. But usually the cases where they don't are actually kinda rare for a punch of factors ...

It's a bug where the old engine has a hickup if triggers in the resting script (the one that triggers the rest dialogues for the joined NPCs) are in some special order. With new NPC mods being developped for the BG:EE it just *might* be it occured again. It's nothing you'd see by looking at the script (because you wouldn't know the engine doesn't like it). And maybe it's of no consequence in the EE engine. But I'd like to check.

Now that you mention it, there is a female paladin in nashkel mines i recruited that may be involved in the crash, so i will try to dismiss her to see if i can rest again...

Isra NPC mod.

Would be odd as this is a well tested mod. If at all, it may be a coincidence with another dream script.

I used her in EET installs myself and found no bugs with that mod.

Further information

- Isra has no dreamtalk until chapter5

- Isra has no after PartyRested() talks until long after you left Nashkel mines

Edited by Roxanne

I think i found the source of the problem: It's Minsc, when i dismissed him(doesn't matter what items he have), i could rest again. I can't recruit him again tough, is there a way to fix?

Here is my weidu.log (sorry, don't know how to do spoler tags):

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-BWS.TP2~ #0 #0 // 20161130 - Updated by agb1 (installation started 07/10/2017)
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Drizzt Saga for BGEE/Tutu/BGT -> Default version: areas connected by travel triggers: v3.00
~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Delayed start: Drizzt joins after Durlag's Tower: v3.00
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Slime Quest: v15
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Beregost Family Quest: v15
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Installing the Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v15
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v15
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v15
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Undying Love Quest: v15
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Orcish Lover Encounter: v15
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Unexpected Help Quest: v15
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // "Many Little Paws": v15
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v15
~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Warm Place for Noober: v15
~SOA/SETUP-SOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Stone of Askavar for TotSC/Tutu/BGT/BGEE -> Default version: areas connected by travel triggers: 2.0
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Beregost: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #31 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v22.8
~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v22.8
~BG1NPCMUSIC/SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v6
~CORANBGFRIEND/CORANBGFRIEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Coran's Extended BG Friendship Talks: v4
~AJANTISBG1/SETUP-AJANTISBG1.TP2~ #0 #0 // Installs Ajantis BG1 Expansion Modification: 10
~FINCHNPC/FINCHNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Finch NPC: v4.0 BETA 7
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin NPC for Tutu, BGT, and BG:EE: 13
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin: Romance (mature content): 13
~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Gavin: Flirts (adult content): 13
~VALERIE/VALERIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Valerie NPC Mod for BG1 Tutu: v1.1 BWP Fix
~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Isra NPC Mod for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu: 2.0 BWP Fix
~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Valerie/Isra crossmod banter?: 2.0 BWP Fix
~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Gavin/Isra crossmod banter?: 2.0 BWP Fix
~NEERA/NEERA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Neera Expansion: v1.1
~NEERA/NEERA.TP2~ #0 #4 // How much time would you like between talks (approximately)? -> 1.5 hours (default): v1.1
~NEERA/NEERA.TP2~ #0 #6 // Make Neera romanceable by women?: v1.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #28 // Prism and the Emeralds Tweak: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #29 // Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v14.1
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v14.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~SETUP-BWS_FINAL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Make quick-logged WeiDU-entries visible

There was also some weird stuff happening on Friendly Arm Inn, like crashes when resting and i coudn't exit the tavern...

Edit: thanks for Jastey for the tip, i just wish i could fix this, because Minsc makes the game unstable if he is around lol.

Edited by icymad

I think i found the source of the problem: It's Minsc, when i dismissed him(doesn't matter what items he have), i could rest again. I can't recruit him again tough, is there a way to fix?

Try and kick him out and then force him to join again... via enabling the cheatkeys and Ctrl+Q on top of him.

To truly try to fix the problem, you might need to perhaps install the LStest mod and find what's being fired and sort it out that way. But if it crashes before you can see why it does so, that won't help either.

I finally searched for the reports in the Workroom and remember the problem now: It's if the NPC running the dream script is dead and the script block starts with an AreaCheck() trigger. This would crash the old engine. To prevent this, the dream script blocks need to start with a trigger variable that gives False() for a dead NPC so the AreaCheck() doesn't get evaluated at all. Safest bet here would be the !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID).

icymad: This wasn't your problem then, as Minsc was still alive I take it. Was someone else dead? But I fear, if you mention more crashes etc., it sounds a lot like your game is somehow borked. :(

The problem at Friendly Arm Inn appears to be random(cannot exit the Inn, cannot talk to Minsc and the game slowdown), next time it worked out ok minus talking to Minsc. I will try to recruit him again via cheats (how do i enable cheats btw?)

Edit: Also, no NPC's are dead, unless dead and ressurrected NPC's count. Do you guys think more crashes will happen if ignore Minsc and move on?

Edited by icymad

The problem at Friendly Arm Inn appears to be random(cannot exit the Inn, cannot talk to Minsc and the game slowdown), next time it worked out ok minus talking to Minsc. I will try to recruit him again via cheats (how do i enable cheats btw?)

If you play in EE, you use this:

C:EnableCheatKeys() 

If on the other hand you play classic BG2, you use this:

CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()

And then you point to the character in the game view and press the Ctrl and Q buttons at the same time...