Install order for BG2:EE

sturmvogel

Here's the latest recommended install order for BG2:EE, but where does IR fit? I gather from comments on the BWP forums that the main component should be installed quite early, probably even before the quest mods and BP-Ascension, but where should the other parts go? Obviously before SCS, but is there a place where they would be best suited?

Tales of the Deep Gardens v10.0
Innershade v7.0
Dungeon Crawl v7
Assassinations v10
Back to Brynnlaw v3
The Sellswords v4
I Shall Never Forget v4.1
Adalon's Blood v13
CoM Encounters BG2EE

Freedom's Reign/Reign of Virtue (FR/ROV) v8
Weimer's Item Upgrade v40

Amber v4
Ajantis bg2 v11
Tashia Remix v1.4
Kivan and Deheriana Companions v15
Kindrek v2.7
Fade v4
Xan v14
Yasraena v15
Alora v1.5 For BG2EE
Auren Aseph v9
Tiax v3
Sarah v4
Angelo v5
Vampire Tales v1.05 For BG2EE
Ninde v2.2
Saerileth v18
Arath v2.2
Dace v1.3
de'Arnise Romance v4
Banter Packs v14
IEP Extended Banters v4.2
Tsujatha v15
Viconia Friendship v3.3
Mazzy Friendship v2.2
Yoshimo Friendship v3.1
Yoshimo Romance v3.0
Edwin Romance v2.0.6
Imoen Friendship v2.2
Coran v4
Sarevok Friendship v1.2
Branwen v3
The Undying v2.50
Unfinished Business v25
Almateria's Restoration Project v8.0.2
Dungeon-be-Gone v1.7
Wheels of Prophecy v3
Kelsey v4
Keto SoA v4
Nathaniel v4.4
Iylos v2.5
Faren v2.2
Adrian v2.3
Isra BG2 v2.1
NPC Flirt Packs v1.3
Romantic Encounters v8
Haer'Dalis Romance v2.1
Nephele v2.3
Petsy Chattertone v3.0
Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod v9
Sarevok Romance v1.2
Crossmod Banter Pack v15 Test release (v14 works fine)

Duskblade Kit v1.1 for BG2EE
The Divine Remix v8 (Beta)
Song and Silence v6

Quest Pack v3
BG2 Tweak Pack v16
Rogue Rebalancing v4.71
Sword Coast Stratagems v28
BP Series Party AI for BG 0.3121
Wizard Slayer Rebalancing v1.10
NPC Kitpack v4
IWDification Beta 3 (still in Beta but no bug reports so far)
aTweaks v4.32
Item Randomiser v7 dev release 140831

I don't plan on playing with most of these installed, just the main quest and tweak/fix mods.

Hi I installed almost all mods today on that list in that order, with the exception of the divine remix which I later deleted because it was causing problems with starting new games.

The problem I ran into is that new class kits and altered kits all have invalid text, and all new npc's have invalid names as well as text

perhaps theres alot more problems... but these are the ones I noticed so far

where did I go wrong? Also I noticed the new class kit bug quiete early in the download order list as I tried to do a quick playtest to make sure everything running fine. Probably as soon as I downloaded the duskblade kit I saw that it was listed as "invalid" in the game''

so anyways please help. Where did i go wrong and how do i fix it?

in the original game there's a limit of how many kits you may have in the game. and if you hit that limit, some kits will not be displayed at all. or maybe mod adding new kits is simply incompatible with ee. some mods on your list are incompatible I think. for example according to these threads:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34882/list-bg2-ee-mod-list

Item revisions mod is not compatible with ee

in the original game there's a limit of how many kits you may have in the game. and if you hit that limit, some kits will not be displayed at all. or maybe mod adding new kits is simply incompatible with ee. some mods on your list are incompatible I think. for example according to these threads:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34882/list-bg2-ee-mod-list

Item revisions mod is not compatible with ee

only a few kits are added by the above mod list (duskblade and the kits from rogue rebalancing). Apparantly all of these mods should be compatible also according to their descriptions and to the threads you had linked. Iam going to uninstall and redo the whole mod download thing again and see where i went wrong

If dialog.tlk has been corrupted, no amount of reinstalling mods will help. You need a clean reinstall of the game. I always save a clean copy of the game with the basic early mods (fixpack and BGT basically) zipped away ready to unpack whenever I screw up modding.

IR beta is compatible. Ask for it in IR forums. Any questions you can ever have about install order is answered here:

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/534-big-world-english/ (download the pdf)

If dialog.tlk has been corrupted, no amount of reinstalling mods will help. You need a clean reinstall of the game. I always save a clean copy of the game with the basic early mods (fixpack and BGT basically) zipped away ready to unpack whenever I screw up modding.

IR beta is compatible. Ask for it in IR forums. Any questions you can ever have about install order is answered here:

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/534-big-world-english/ (download the pdf)

i deleted and reinstalled the game, not just the mods.

this BWP seems great but its so complicated. These DnD people are quiete retarded/slow when it comes to simplicity or explaining. I spent like an hour just trying to sign up on this forum because guess what, neither I nor google know who the final boss of bg2 is

Hahaha that last part is hilarious. Or well, not so much for you ;)

If you don't want content, just go with:

BG2 Fixpack (if that's still a thing for EE)

BG2 Tweakpack

Rogue Rebalancing

Sword Coast Stratagems

aTweaks

Ding0 Quest Pack

Item Revisions

Spell Revisions

.. and you're set (I'm 100% guaranteed to have missed at least one "mandatory" mod).

The pdf - BiG World - that I linked, while gigantic and complex, can be used for a far more simpler goal than what it's intended for: a simple clean install, just using the pdf to get the install order right.

Pick a non-overwhelming amount of "respected", non-buggy and complete mods, look them up in the pdf (the index is exhaustive, and you can always just search) to see where they go, and if there's any special things to be done. As you said, IR core component should be installed at one time, and the rest a bit later. The pdf states this clearly. So just make sure you follow the steps therein and you're golden.

TL;DR: avoid going for a mega-mod, or anything even close to it; keeping the obtrusive "mod-feeling" to a minimum. Refer to the BiG World pdf to find out what order the mods should be installed in.

well i kind of want more than just the bare mandatory. I'd really want many new NPC's and quests, as well as all the tweaks and stuff

Iam trying this BWP thing but its complicated. The way I see it, is I have all the mods I wanted already downloaded in a separate file, so I downloaded the BWP installer, ran it, rebooted computer, but then it says "the system cannot find the path specified".

Iam using steam version of BG2 EE on windows 8. The manual doesnt say anything about steam

If you're adamant about using the installer (I'm a manual kind of guy), it will actually download all the mods for you.

Nah Steam install path probably won't work. Steam wasn't even a gleam in Valves eye when Baldurs Gate was released ;) Google will probably be your friend, but I'm fairly certain that you can just copy the entire Baldurs Gate folder out from C:\[...]\Steam\SteamApps\common to a directory of your choosing, say "c:\games\BG"". That should work, imho.

well i kind of want more than just the bare mandatory. I'd really want many new NPC's and quests, as well as all the tweaks and stuff

Iam trying this BWP thing but its complicated. The way I see it, is I have all the mods I wanted already downloaded in a separate file, so I downloaded the BWP installer, ran it, rebooted computer, but then it says "the system cannot find the path specified".

Iam using steam version of BG2 EE on windows 8. The manual doesnt say anything about steam

Steam shouldn't matter afaik.

1) re-install game

2) update to latest patch

3) extract mods to your game folder (don't use Program Files directory, or whatever default may be named. Use Games/BGEE2 or something)

4) follow something along these lines :

- Item Revisons core & Spell Revisions (all)

- NPCs

- Quests

- Rogue Rebalancing

- Item Revisions weapon/armor/shield changes

- BG2 Tweaks

- SCS

-aTweaks

You don't install Fixpack on EE, for good or bad, it's included already.

I'd just like to add that one particular component of Spell Revisions ("update spellbooks of joinable NPC's") must go after all mod-NPC's are installed. The installer will do that for you IIRC. But nothing is as rewarding as a manual install :cool:

ok so i moved the game to C:\Games\BGEE2

I assume steam automatically gave me the most updated vesrion so I dont need to update? Besides I wouldnt know how

I'd prefer not to re-install every mod once again because thats gonna take another 2 hours, and If it still wont work it will suck.

So iam trying to understand how this WBP works. The installer still says path is incorrect or smth and when I run the installer on non-administrative mode it doesnt say that but it says I dont have TOB, which I do, and that I need file called 25movie to prove it... ugh

also I dont think I have a baldurs.ini file

unless its just that launch icon of bg2

Archived