[Mac OS X] All TotDG and Amber content fails to install

ericp07

Hello,

Installing v13 of this mod (in an installation that includes many mods, following the BiG World installation instructions but installing all mods manually) causes the following errors to report, so the only way I can install the mod is to comment out all the relevant blocks, which removes the content:

Defining Amber joining state
Couldn't find any suitable string in STATE_WHICH_SAYS
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  22 files for [Setup-crossmodbg2.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled	 22 files for [Setup-crossmodbg2.tp2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("resolve")

Further errors:

Defining Amber joining state

ERROR Installing [Crossmod Banter Pack for Shadows of Amn], rolling back to previous state

Adding Kivan of Shilmista injections into Amber's dialogues...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
ERROR: Cannot resolve internal symbolic label [actual_joining_state] for DLG [M#AMBER]
Known labels: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
ERROR: Cannot process COPY_TRANS
ERROR: processing COPY_TRANS [CrossmodBG2/SoA/Interjections/Amber/KivanOfShilmista/Kivan_Interjections.d]: Failure("cannot resolve label")

ERROR: Failure("cannot resolve label")

Adding Kivan of Shilmista injections into Amber's dialogues...
ERROR: Cannot resolve internal symbolic label [actual_joining_state] for DLG [M#AMBER]
Known labels: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
ERROR: processing COPY_TRANS [CrossmodBG2/SoA/Interjections/Amber/KivanOfShilmista/Kivan_Interjections.d]: Failure("cannot resolve label")

Defining Nehtaniel joining state 1

Defining Mysterious Wizard interjection state 1

Adding Haldamir's injection into the Mysterious Wizard's dialogue...
ERROR: Cannot resolve internal symbolic label [actual_interject_state_2] for DLG [0XWIZDG]
Known labels: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
ERROR: processing COPY_TRANS [CrossmodBG2/SoA/Interjections/ToDG/Haldamir/haldamir-todg_interjections.d]: Failure("cannot resolve label")

Will uninstall  23 files for [Setup-crossmodbg2.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled	 23 files for [Setup-crossmodbg2.tp2] component 0.

Adding Nehtaniel's injection into the Mysterious Wizard's dialogue...
ERROR: Cannot resolve internal symbolic label [actual_interject_state_1] for DLG [0XWIZDG]
Known labels: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
ERROR: processing COPY_TRANS [CrossmodBG2/SoA/Interjections/ToDG/Nehtaniel/nehtaniel-todg_interjections.d]: Failure("cannot resolve label")

Will uninstall  23 files for [Setup-crossmodbg2.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled	 23 files for [Setup-crossmodbg2.tp2] component 0.

I hope there's a way to correct this, so that all content will be accessible in the game. I've installed this mod before, but never got these errors before now. I'm installing from a restored clean install.

Thanks,

Eric

How strange. It installs fine on Windows and has been tested in-game. Unfortunately, I don't know what to tell you, as I'm not familiar with how Mac OSX handles tp2 actions. All I can do is put a request for clarification in the WeiDU forum at PPG. Do you want to do that, or shall I?

How strange. It installs fine on Windows and has been tested in-game. Unfortunately, I don't know what to tell you, as I'm not familiar with how Mac OSX handles tp2 actions. All I can do is put a request for clarification in the WeiDU forum at PPG. Do you want to do that, or shall I?

Please send along the request. It's odd indeed that I'm seeing some errors I've never seen before with this latest round of mod installs. I believe one of the mods biffed a bunch of files (and I suspect it may have been TS-BP, but I'm not certain of it), and my suspicion is that this has something to do with the errors...but again, not certain of anything.

Thanks,

Eric

Ah, that makes things a lot clearer. I'm not going to report this. If you're having multiple installation problems across many mods, this isn't an issue with CBP and it isn't something unique to Mac-WeiDU, so the folks on the WeiDU forum aren't going to be able to help you either. The only ones who can help you are people who deal with mega istallations every day. BWP experts. Hate to send you back to Mega Mod Help, but there isn't much I can do about it.

There was a really good reason the bigg introduced reversible biffing. It's because the old way makes it impossible to make any modifications to your installation after biffing. You cannot install CBP after any mod that includes a non-reversible biffing routine. Sorry.

Archived