Comment on the Red Wizard

Wounded_Lion

I am curious: Why add a Red Wizard of Thay kit that does nothing to Edwin? Why not simply alter the description of his amulet to indicate that his bonus spells stem from the item? I endorse the idea of a Red Wizard of Thay kit for Edwin but think that it would be more interesting if the kit did something (say, decreased casting speed by 1, or possessed some interesting innate ability, or whatever).

btw, I don't mean to insult you: I love this mod and use it to kit both Imoen and Nalia as Mage/Adventurers. Just thought that I'd put in my two cents.

a Wounded Lion

IIRC it is just a title change for Edwin, not a new kit. Effectively the 'kit abilities' are just what the amulet does--so if you like, pretend there is a kit giving him the spells and the amulet is, as he says, just a memento from Thay. I don't think altering the amulet description would be a good idea, since the idea is that it is being a Red Wizard (and not the amulet) is why he's such a good caster.

Just to clarify: The Red Wizard kit is a kit that does nothing except change the description, the abilties are provided by Edwin's amulet.

Edwin is powerful enough as it is, he doesn't need anymore bonuses. In the next version I will be removing the abilities and adding them to the kit (there are reasons but they are not important). I am not going to remove his amulet (or allow it to be removed) or give it new abilities. I do not know if other mods refer to Edwin's amulet and removing it would be irresponsible.

There will no longer be any "lie" for people to complain about.

In the next version I will be removing the abilities and adding them to the kit (there are reasons but they are not important). I am not going to remove his amulet (or allow it to be removed) or give it new abilities.

Yay! :O I know that I'm psychotic, but this makes me veeery happy!

a Wounded Lion

Archived