Comments on the NPC Kitpack

Wounded_Lion

I am curious:

Why does this mod install all kits regardless of whether or not the player chooses to actually kit each NPC? Ideally, each kit would install if and only if the player chooses to kit a NPC with that particular kit. Also, there would be a check to determine whether or not that kit has already been installed (example: both Imoen and Nalia can be kitted as Adventurers, and obviously there is no need to install the kit twice).

Why doesn't this mod include an option to install the kits (Battlerager, Adventurer, etc) as playable kits? Ideally, the player would have an option to install either a playable version OR NPC-only version of each kit (there is no need to clutter kitlist.2da with two versions of each kit).

Just my two cents... :)

a W.L.

I think Idobek knows about the subcomponent option, having coded parts of G3 Tweaks and generally being a WeiDU Ninja. :)

I know he's mentioned in the past that, since he coded up this version quite a while ago, the non-beta version will be recoded in many areas.

Regarding the Battlerager, I believe it is just a title change and not a full new kit so there's no need to make it a PC kit. Also the Adventurer is available via the Song and Silence mod--future Kitpack versions will check for this being installed.

I am curious:

Why does this mod install all kits regardless of whether or not the player chooses to actually kit each NPC?  Ideally, each kit would install if and only if the player chooses to kit a NPC with that particular kit.  Also, there would be a check to determine whether or not that kit has already been installed (example:  both Imoen and Nalia can be kitted as Adventurers, and obviously there is no need to install the kit twice).

I decided to install all the kits in one, compulsory, component because of an annoying (and fatal) WeiDU bug that would have plagued me if I hadn't. It is not an ideal solution and I hope to be able to abandon it for the next release.

Why doesn't this mod include an option to install the kits (Battlerager, Adventurer, etc) as playable kits?  Ideally, the player would have an option to install either a playable version OR NPC-only version of each kit (there is no need to clutter kitlist.2da with two versions of each kit).

Just my two cents...  :)

a W.L.

All the kits were designed as NPC kits and are not really suitable for use by PCs. That said the Battlerager kit will replace the Berserker kit (for dwarves only) in the next version. There is almost no difference between a Battlerager and a Berserker by the way.

btw, if you look at the tp2 file for G3Tweaks, you might be able to swipe some code that would enable you to create an an option-based install...

Example screenshot:

Kit Imoen as:

[1] Abjurer

[2] Conjurer

...and so on and so forth

I think Idobek knows about the subcomponent option, having coded parts of G3 Tweaks and generally being a WeiDU Ninja. :O

I know he's mentioned in the past that, since he coded up this version quite a while ago, the non-beta version will be recoded in many areas.

The initial request for subcomponents put forward because of the mess that is the NPC Kitpack. So, yes, I know about it and know how to use it.

Regarding the Battlerager, I believe it is just a title change and not a full new kit so there's no need to make it a PC kit. Also the Adventurer is available via the Song and Silence mod--future Kitpack versions will check for this being installed.

The Battlerager is a kit, it might be a rip off of the Berserker but it has a funky new description (written by the nice folks at TSR).

Arvoreen is the nearest thing to a halfling war god. He is a god of stern defence and aggressive watchfulness, who is always preparing for incursions into halfling lands and making ready to repulse hostile creatures at the first sign of trouble. Arvoreen is venerated primarily by halfling fighters.

Mazzy is a dedicated servant of Arvoreen, the halfling goddess of war, and she resents the common perception by the bigger races that the stout folk cannot defend themselves or act with valor.  If she could, Mazzy would be a paladin and battle against evil in Faerun with the full power of her goddess to aid her.

Que pasa? :p

While the Luiren hin venerate all the deities of the halfling pantheon in their turn, they hold the Vigilant Guardian in very high regard. His simple dogma has almost become de facto motto of the nation: "Vigilance against attack will protect the community. Prepare an active defense, drill continuously, and leave nothing to chance. Put down danger before allowing it a chance to rear its head."

Source: Forgotten Realms - Races Of Faerun

Arvoreen, intermediate goddess of protection, vigilance and war.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deiti...geons_&_Dragons

(grrr)  I am a virtuous follower of Arvoreen.  She will reward me for my patience.  (sigh)

Source: String #15040

I am a faithful servant to Arvoreen and her most valiant warrior, as well.  We as a people should not limit our scope of vision, brother.

Source: String #25763

This sling is blessed by the Halfling goddess Arvoreen. The weapon was granted to the heroic Tuckerby Lettleworp after the Battle of Moor Road, in which an invading army of Yuan-ti were slain by Lettleworp's forces, saving his halfling village.

Source: String #39520

Most likely authors of the game are wrong but perhaps NPC Kitpack shouldn't interfere with that. :)

hi everyone, just an info.

will NPC Kitpack make the PC dual classable to any kit?

in particular, will i be able to create a Ranger/Priest of Helm?

is there any other mod to do that?

it is because ranger has to be GOOD and Priest of Helm NEUTRAL...

thanks all

Archived