Difficulty in installing IWDification

5 replies to this topic

#1 redmage123

redmage123
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:12 AM

Hello all,

I am attempting to install IWDification beta 3 in my BG2:EE steam directory.   I have already created the hard link as the forums suggested

for the dialog.tlk file pointing to lang\en_US\dialog.tlk in the game directory.

2.  I can't install the Arcane or Divine spells pack.  I get the following error(s):

ERROR: BIFF [./DATA/EE.BIF] cannot be loaded: Invalid_argument("String.create")

Stopping installation because of error.

(repeats this error four more times)

Research indicates that this is a problem with the Weidu installation application itself? 

Thanks

-- redmage123

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6543 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

Open the debug file and say what the Weidu.exe version is reported to be?

It needs to be v23700 at least. It might be needed to be even later as the BG2EE just got an update(v1.3) and this could be a side effect....

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 18 December 2014 - 10:47 AM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 redmage123

redmage123
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

The version is 23100.  so it's definitely out of date.  However, the version that I ran is the one that's bundled with IWDification.  What do I need to do to update this?

#4 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just a simple country Hyper-Chicken

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9424 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:24 AM

Grab v237, and then replace the setup-iwdification.exe with weidu.exe from the download package. Same procedure for OS X/Linux, except it's just setup-iwdification and weidu (both without the .exe extension).

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#5 redmage123

redmage123
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

I'm unclear what you mean when you say "replace".  I grabbed v237 as an archive file, and copied weidu.exe to the BG2:ee home directory.  Should I rename it to setup-iwdification.exe?

#6 CamDawg

CamDawg

Just a simple country Hyper-Chicken

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9424 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

I'm unclear what you mean when you say "replace".  I grabbed v237 as an archive file, and copied weidu.exe to the BG2:ee home directory.  Should I rename it to setup-iwdification.exe?

Yep.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users