Version 4 of Tweaks Anthology Now Available

The Tweaks Anthology is a WeiDU compilation of fixes, cosmetic changes, and tweaks that will run on every Infinity Engine game, from the original Planescape:Torment, through the Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate series, and the new Enhanced Editions of the games. The successor to BG2 Tweaks and several other tweak packs, some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install. Version 4 includes one new component, an updated French translation from Isaya, and bug fixes.

Version 4 Changelog

• Added Personalize Automatic Save Names component; thanks argent77!
  • Updated French translation, thanks Isaya!
  • Fixed bug with the Romance Cheats component where Viconia's romance wouldn't start
  • Fixed bug with the Romance Cheats component where it would fail if a non-number was entered when it prompted you for '1 or 2' input
  • Fixed bug with Exotic Items where it would corrupt stores where it added scimitars, e.g. scrambling strings in the store's drink menu
  • Fixed bug with Exotic Items where it could fail to install on some Tutu games
  • Externalized strings for the Universal Clubs component to make it easier for translators
  • Increase Jewelry and Gem Stacks or Increase Scroll Stacking components would try to adjust dialogues and scripts to only take one item in vanilla BG/TotSC, but the functionality is not available in these games.
  • Fixed bug with Commoners Use Drab Colors where it could sometimes fail to install on vanilla BG2
  • The options in Adjust Cromwell's Forging Time have been re-ordered to work around a WeiDU quirk (this component could get skipped when it should be available)
  • Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component was being skipped for Chinese players, even though it was available
  • Remove Racial Restrictions for Single Classes was not actually altering the dwarven charisma cap; now they really can be paladins
  • Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits had an error in its internal kit check, the upshot of which is that several kits were not actually being made available to all races
  • The option to loosen item restrictions in Change Item Restrictions for Multi- and Dual-class Druids was not working
  • Fixed bug with Lightning Bolts Don't Bounce where it could potentially fail when encountering items with non-standard structures
  • Fixed bug with ToB-Style NPCs on BGT, where BG Imoen would be a thief/mage
  • Tweaks now supports translated readmes, should anyone wish to try their hand

Edit: Sorry, please disregard this post. For anyone who has the same issue, it turned out to be a problem with app locale. I use Japanese app locale, which meant that my cmd.exe uses Japanese code pages for the encoding. Even after changing the locale to English or Danish, setup-cdtweaks.exe would for some reason use Japanese code pages. My solution for now, has been transferring the entire game folder to my laptop, and installing it there, then moving it back to my desktop to play.

If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize. I couldn't find a troubleshooting forum or thread, so I'm posting it here.

I am unable to install either V3 or V4 on my installation of BG2EE. I've tried on the game installed with the Beamdog Client, as well as the standalone installer. In both cases, I have the same issue. After unpacking the mod, setup-cdtweaks.exe launches, and asks me to pick a language as per usual. The input underscore is blinking, but when I actually input a number, using either the number row or the num pad, nothing happens. The program completely ignores all input.

Weirdly, the same V3 executable had no problems functioning on my Steam version of BG1EE and SoD, which there were no issues with.

Does anyone have any idea about what might be going wrong? I am at my wits end.

Edit: I don't know if this is relevant, but the installer shows me languages 1 through 9 as options, while the log only goes up to 8 (Spanish)

Here's the full log:

WeiDU v 24200 Log

C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\setup-cdtweaks.exe
[.\chitin.key] loaded, 875812 bytes
[.\chitin.key] 187 BIFFs, 62160 resources
[.\engine.lua] loaded, 104 bytes
WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")

Choose your language:
0 [English]
1 [Czech (Translation by Razfallow and Vlasák)]
2 [Francais (Translation by Anomaly, Elgaern the Dragon Slayer, Isaya and elminster)]
3 [Deutsch (Uebersetzung von Leonardo Watson, Caswallon und Jester)]
4 [italiano (translation by Andrea Colombo and improb@bile; original EoU by Antonio Favata)]
5 [Korean (Translation by web2air)]
6 [Polski (Translation by yarpen, Artanis, dragionian, Evendur, Grjgori, and Neminus)]
7 [Russian (Translation by Creepin, Domi, Kulyok, Serdrick, and aerie.ru)]
8 [Espanol (traducido por Clan DLAN)]

(end of log)

What I've tried so far:

• Restarting my PC
  • Removing "read only" status from the various folders
  • Copied the entire game folder to another drive, and ran setup-cdtweaks.exe from there (same result)
  • Reinstalled BG2 using either the Beamdog client or their standalone installer
Edited by Ecto