ToB news

Meira

Hi Meira, if you need a Sarevok ToB banter idea, it maybe worth considering a few things: building on the belonging/not belonging in the Nine Hells. Amber as a tiefling raised away from where people generally place the Tiefling, while Sarevok had aspiration to rule the Nine Hells - and been sent there ironically by PC in defeat; Charname's prospect to rule it later. I think there are a few ironic and subtle connections that are possible between Sarevok and Amber.

Edited by Domi
Hi Meira, if you need a Sarevok ToB banter idea, it maybe worth considering a few things: building on the belonging/not belonging in the Nine Hells. Amber as a tiefling raised away from where people generally place the Tiefling, while Sarevok had aspiration to rule the Nine Hells - and been sent there ironically by PC in defeat; Charname's prospect to rule it later. I think there are a few ironic and subtle connections that are possible between Sarevok and Amber.

Thanks. Banter ideas are very welcome. :)

Further ToB progress:

One of the missing lovetalks took shape in my head last night. I was inspired to read the book to which one of the plays currently running on the theatre where I'm working. I think I got some pretty neat ideas from the book.

Guest Digitael

It's great to hear this mod is still being updated, I am looking forward to the ToB version :p I haven't touched ToB yet I am waiting for the new amber too! I hope it has a good ending.

Random question for anyone who reads this btw, sometimes when playing multiplayer (LAN) my AI settings just stop working, my friend randomly disconnects from my game, or really weird things happen like when we recruited Aerie she was permanently an ogre. I downloaded the patch and fix but still having weird problems, maybe it's just the age of the game?

It's great to hear this mod is still being updated, I am looking forward to the ToB version :p I haven't touched ToB yet I am waiting for the new amber too! I hope it has a good ending.

Random question for anyone who reads this btw, sometimes when playing multiplayer (LAN) my AI settings just stop working, my friend randomly disconnects from my game, or really weird things happen like when we recruited Aerie she was permanently an ogre. I downloaded the patch and fix but still having weird problems, maybe it's just the age of the game?

I don't think that age of the game should generate new bugs (like AI or Aerie/Ogre issues). However odd hiccups have always occurred in BG series, in my first playthrough ever (no mods naturally) Imoen was both kidnapped and stayed in the party. Re-loading solved that issue. If that doesn't help I recommend going through you modlist.

Do you use TCP/IP or IPX/SPX protocol? My (LAN) MP games with IPX/SPX protocol with have always been solid, occasional lag being the only worry. In NWN which doesn't give an option for IPX/SPX I have experienced similar problems with the guest dropping out every now and then. It's funny that NWN, which was designed for MP, has so much more MP issues (both story and technical) than BG/IWD series where MP game was just and extra flavour. :p

Guest Digitael

Unfortunately, I have Windows Vista now, and I cannot use IPX protcol anymore =(

I am reinstalling BG2 right now and will try it out tomorrow and see what happens.

I hope using ICP/TCP isn't the cause of my problem..that would be very bad..

The only other mods I was using is Amber and uscript (AI scripting mod). I am not sure if these would cause problems in multiplayer, my friend and I both have the same mods.

I was also wondering: what is the best AI script to use? It's fun having the characters control themselves, it makes them seem more alive. When I used Amber's custom AI she would never do anything except stealth =(

Also thanks for the reply! I hope to enjoy your mod soon, and get past the annoying BG2 bugs. I had this game sitting on my desk for so long, and still haven't got past chapter 2.

If in doubt, blame Windows Vista - it makes even source code work differently. The advantage of Windows was that it was compatible with every software out there (or rather, that every software was built so that it worked on the latest version of Windows), and that every new version of Windows maintained backwards compatibility with old programs; unfortunately, the latest Microsoft programmers, in their enlightenment, broke that backwards compatibility with Vista, so you can no longer assume that old things work the way they used to. Of course, that doesn't mean it isn't an issue with bugs in the game instead of your OS, just that your OS is a possible culprit.

Did you make sure that your friend has the exact same patches and mods installed as you? (I think you should both have them in the same order too, but not as sure on that). Also, do you have BG2 Fixpack installed (I guess that's what you meant by "the fix")?

It's not annoying. :) It's actually nice to hear from players, especially since we've been incredibly slow in delivering ToB part of the mod. I've got the still missing lovetalk outlined now; but they do need a lot of work still, though. However, I am rather happy how they're turning out.

I just played the Amber-Mod for one or two hours but I can already say that it is amazing, especially because of the 2-Player romance and I hardly can wait for the ToB-Version.

But I have a little question about it. When it is released, do I have to start over from SOA or will the mod allow me to continue the already done game with the SOA-Version. So will it remember my decisions I've made durig the romance?

It's not annoying. ;) It's actually nice to hear from players, especially since we've been incredibly slow in delivering ToB part of the mod.

Well, I check this site 2 times a day, just because i can't help myself and really need to know about any news as soon as possible :)