Bug Reports for Beta 2

Domi

My earlier run had gotten up to the Black Raven monastery before I was forced to abandon IWD2 for a while, and by the time I got back to it, I'd already lost track of the plot and romance (I knew the last lovetalk I'd had was the sex lovetalk, but that's about it). I'll try to plow through the hordes as quickly as I can, though. :(

Okay, just forced up the first Peony lovetalk and picked her over Salomeya (I may have to run a game to romance her at some point, but she doesn't fit my aasimar battleguard of Tempus very well), but when I talked to Deidre (or whatever her name is), I still got the NVLR. Do I need to give Salo the boot?

Had another odd encounter this morning. I've just cleaned out the ice temple, and am busy forcing all the Peony lovetalks for chapter 2 (I'm playing for the storyline, not the combat-everyone's got a +5 weapon or two), and had an odd bug. After the sidekick lovetalk (that game comment afterwards, "Peony seems to be falling in love with you", absolutely cracked me up), she and Salomeya got into a dialogue loop about my character. I was eventually forced to exit the program, but when I reloaded and went through the scene again, I had no such dialogue loop. Not sure what was going on, but thought I should give you a heads-up anyhow.

she and Salomeya got into a dialogue loop about my character. I was eventually forced to exit the program, but when I reloaded and went through the scene again, I had no such dialogue loop. Not sure what was going on, but thought I should give you a heads-up anyhow.

Could you quote the dialogue, perhaps? I'd like to double check it. And glad you liked the little commentary from the game; I figured I'd give player notices if the NPCs are fond of them or really annoyed by them. :(

Sorry, already into chapter 4 (but pausing at the start of chapter 4 for now, to do homework and modding). But considering Peony had just gone into a spiel on how it's all like a storybook, and very pointedly makes a remark that the player is the hero, and maybe she's the love interest, all in her trademark over-the-top style, the game's simple, dry remark "Peony seems to be falling in love with you" is just hilarious.

Oh, and even though I reloaded after picking this dialogue option due to her reaction, one of Peony's dialogues has a possible line from the player that cracks me up to no end (even more than the line I mentioned above). You know the context. :(

"Gnomes should be sterilized."

Not sure if this is a bug, but Peony absolutely never knows when to shut up. I'm in the time-warp area in Dragon's Eye, and several times now, every time I've entered a new area, I get her flirting or talking to me four or five times in a row. Ye gods, where's her mute button?

That's not a bug per se. Unfortunately time warp has a freacky time management, so whoever in the party has the banters scheduled, they get fired every time you re-enter the place. In this case it's Peony + she has flirts. So, you get a bit of an overload there.

Stumbled onto another bug. I've set up another party to plow through the game again, with an entirely different lineup. Protagonist is a lawful good female drow monk, and the rest of the gang consists of Sir Nord (it just wouldn't feel right to not have him along), Hildury, Jaemal, Diriel, and Rizdaer, with a bit of Dalekeeper tweaking turning Hildury into a Silverstar of Selune. I'm intending to romance Jaemal.

Now the odd thing is, the game doesn't seem to realize Diriel is in the party. When I bring up the party interaction menu, there's no "talk to Diriel" line, he hasn't commented on anything, and he hasn't said a word to anyone when I force up intra-party banters.

Now the odd thing is, the game doesn't seem to realize Diriel is in the party. When I bring up the party interaction menu, there's no "talk to Diriel" line, he hasn't commented on anything, and he hasn't said a word to anyone when I force up intra-party banters.

Don't want to anwser for Domi, but I think it is quite normal. He just doesn't have to say anything to you until you reach chapter 2 (unless you are a moon or wild elf it seems).

If my memory serves me right this thing is there since the very first alphas, though, at first there was the option to speak to Diriel via the PID menu but you only got "no valid links" reply. :(

Archived